Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Skyespirit86
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-10-2007, 05:40 PM

Tesco Value!!

I know Tesco Value do dog food. Naturally everyone I've ever spoken to about it has said its a load of rubbish. I don't feed it myself- I feed James Beloved. I just wondered, if everyone's so against cheap rubbish diets like that, how come its the only oneto be consistently sold out when I to Tescos?
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2007, 05:41 PM
For the same reason Bakers is the top selling Brand, people put cheap over their dogs health! Of course they end up paying in vet bills!
Becky
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2007, 05:46 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
For the same reason Bakers is the top selling Brand, people put cheap over their dogs health! Of course they end up paying in vet bills!
Becky
Well said becky , i would not use cheap brands food on my dogs xxdk
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-10-2007, 06:13 PM
Becky
Not always, Star was on bakers and fine with it, as are 1000s of dogs.

I always say feed your dog whats best for them, whether that be tesco, bakers or the more expensive brands and the only people who know that are the dogs owners.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2007, 06:46 PM
Maddy was on Bakers as a pup and her poos were nice and not too many, she had a lovely coat, kept the weight on (which is hard for Maddy). The only reason I changed her, and the only bad point I found from my experience was that she was extremely hyperactive which changed almost immediately upon changing to Burns. However on Burns she couldn't keep the weight on and she was on Burns when she first developed colitis. No saying it was the food but that's just what happened.

All mine are now on Chappie and this is a 'cheap' food, but all are doing great on it and it keeps Maddy's colitis at bay, as does it Charlie skin allergies, and Dusty isn't piling on the pounds as she did with JWB and RC, so we are all happy with our cheap crap.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2007, 07:29 PM
Well, I've had my three on Nature Diet which I then had problem getting, so I changed to Butchers. They've been absolutely fine on it, and now I'm having trouble getting it!
Last Friday Tesco had hardly any, so I bought their own Premium range tinned food. It's going down a treat, and they're hardly likely to run out of their own brand, are they?

I'm monitoring the situation....... I'd rather feed raw, personally - I curse Mya's delicate tum......
Lara'sYorkies
Dogsey Junior
Female 

31-10-2007, 12:44 PM
Becky
I agree Becky. Also lots of people think their dogs are great on bakers, but if they tried something different their dogs may be even healthier.

Different dogs do well on different foods but I would try every feeding method out there before settling on something like bakers.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2007, 12:50 PM
never saw a vet a lived till she was 19 my old dog fed on tesco's finest
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-10-2007, 12:54 PM
Originally Posted by Lara'sYorkies View Post
I agree Becky. Also lots of people think their dogs are great on bakers, but if they tried something different their dogs may be even healthier.

Different dogs do well on different foods but I would try every feeding method out there before settling on something like bakers.
Star was tried on more foods than I care to remember but was better on bakers.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2007, 01:08 PM
I have to say my longest lived dogs were fed on Bakers and fed ad lib at that. They were also my healthiest dogs and never saw a vet till near the end.
After I done a course in dog and cat nutrition I started feeding top quality diets and I have to say I have had regular vet goers since.
Now it could be coincidence but I do sometimes wonder if these diets we think are good on paper are actually not as good as we think for the dogs themselves.
We have quite a few rough families round here that feed Tesco Value or Bakers and their dogs always look good and never seem to have health problems and an old lady I know has always fed her dogs on Bakers and they have never been ill.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »