Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Petstalk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2006, 09:10 AM
Two special show moments.

First visit to Crufts, wonderful day, in Doggy Heaven

I havn't really wanted to show, but have been to a few local show to support the animals charrities raising money for. Most special was being placed first in a class of around 40 for Most Appealing Eyes

D xxxx
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2006, 09:17 AM
I like reading all these posts, they are lovely.

Not sure where my best show day was, at Manchester this year "Breeze" won the res CC, I almost collapsed in a heap! but I was particularly pleased when she won champion Terrier puppy at a big Terrier and Lurcher show, its quite unusual for a Border to win at the highest level, so I was chuffed!
Dawn.
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2006, 09:34 AM
Been to many shows that have been wonderful, but i HAVE to say THE most amazing show was Crufts 2004 when I was over the Moon that our Bailey got a 1st in his class that to me at that minute was brilliant, then surprise surprise Willow went on and won her class, further more Willow went on to get BOS, totally gobsmacking day, with congratulations coming from everyone the atmosphere was electric, I was, and still am a nobody in the breed really and the wins were something you hope for but never really think you stand a chance. if my dogs never win anything again I will always have the memories of this day, and can always say my dogs won at Crufts.

Mo
Kath
Sadly Missed
Female 

02-12-2006, 11:02 AM
Just slightly off topic but to Minihaha and Luz. I had ordered my first dobe - way back in 1956 even though I had never seen one (it was husbands choice) and I went to Belle Vue to see the dobes and meet my pups sire. Later found out that my Atilla was born on the show day.

Many years later I showed there too. Kath
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2006, 07:39 PM
Mine was at a companion show with my old girl Daisy-May, who was, is, and always will be my heart and soul.
When I rescued her, she was in a dreadful physical and mental state. The vet suggested I do what I could to make her life as pleasant and comfortable as possible for the next 6 months as thats all he felt she might have. She was fifteen years old at the time.

When she was seventeen and bit, I took her, Defa and Gremlin to a companion show. I entered her in just one class, Dog In Best Condition.
She took that ring like she owned it. On asking her age, the Judges eyes nearly popped out. She could not believe the incredibly healthy doglet in front of her was such an age, especially when Daisy-May decided her ringcraft bit meant running, prancing, and grinning while she did it :smt049

When she was given First place, I stood there and bawled my eyes out, much like I am doing now in writing about her.
I went on to share her life until she reached nineteen and a half years old.

That day was one I never imagined seeing in terms of her getting well and living beyond the six months prognosis back in those early days with her.
For her to win that class, and not as an `aw, lets give her something`, but because she truly was in exceptional condition and totally deserving of being in that ring, it felt like Daisy-May had just won every major title in the world.
Its a treasured memory I will carry til my last breath when I will be with her again.

I`m very possessive of my memories with her but I know I can trust the Dogsey family with this day in her life, and to respect that it might not have been Crufts but to me it was so much more.
dizzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-12-2006, 07:57 PM
What a great result and you deserve to feel proud of it, its not always the win but the special dog that won it
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-12-2006, 08:44 PM
That's a lovely story Patch

I would say there is winning because you have the very best your breed can produce ...
...and getting a prize because your dog is every inch a real winner like Daisy May, and they are both equally important in my eyes!
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2006, 08:47 PM
Originally Posted by Nursey View Post
I'm loving reading all these, they're giving me goosbumps. I think it's the pride I can feel though the words you've all used.

Great thread Azz

Dawn R.
Me too !!!
Mine is definately when at his Second show at the age of 21 mths Alfie won 1st Special Yearling Beagle and then went on to win Best of Breed at The hound club of East Anglia....I was really nervous and handled him accordingly and he was all overly excited and so jolly all round the ring,
I just couldn't quite believe it and was a jibbering wreck,everyone was so complimentry and helpful.....a day i'll never forget........
Some piccies..............

lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

02-12-2006, 10:00 PM
My friend gave my daughter and I a Christmas Present of an envelope which had an IOU in it with a slip of paper which read IOU both tickets for Crufts for Hound Day and the big ring and also for the final day and the Big Ring and BIS. I must say this was our first visit to Crufts and we had two wonderful days and enjoyed every minute of it. it is a Christmas Gift I shall never forget and having no dogs with us we were not restricted in any way, since then
any time we go it is because I have a dog or dogs who have qualified and while it is lovely to have them there I don't think anything can beat your vfirst visit to Crufts either with or without a dog. So all I can say is I am very grateful to my friend Des who gave us this Christmas Gift.
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2006, 02:54 AM
I've loved seeing the posts on here but if it was one that's moved me the most it's been PATCH and her experience.
Not taking anything away from the wins people have had, but if we all think about it, we've all had those days when we've even been binned but you came out that ring thinking we gelled today, we clicked and it was something special. The dog looks up at you, almost looking for approval, that he did his best for you that day.
So (and I know you'll all know where i'm coming from here) well done all you dogs, for the effort you put in around that ring, for making your owners look like they know what they're doing, and for not tripping us up when you have every opportunity LOL)
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >