Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wheaten mad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2005, 09:55 PM

Yay!

Went to a companion show today and we did quite well. I won best six legs, best junior handler and dougal got Res best in show It was great. But poor little lottie had to go home cause there was a military display on at the same time as the show so ( ) there was cannons and gun going off and she was really scared, the organisers (our dog training people) didn’t know that the display was gonna be on so it wasn’t their fault. It really upset a few dogs and a one of the slipped its lead but thankfully it just ran and hid under the nearest chair. But we gave Lottie some rescue remedy and she settled down and then my dad took her home. But dougal won a nice big cup that we get to keep. So it was a really enjoyable day and dougal wasn’t bothered by the cannon at all! Which I was sooo surprised at! He just wanted to watch the people who were playing the drums!! Lol

sarah xxxxx
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-09-2005, 11:20 PM
Well done Dougal he sounds such a charactar !!! Poor Lottie it must have been very loud and scary for the dogs I am surprised someone didn't think about it beforehand .
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-09-2005, 01:28 AM
Well done Sounds as though you had a great day, but a shame that poor Lottie got such a fright. Pity the organizers of both events did not inform themselves of what else would be going on in the area
amts
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2005, 06:04 AM
Well done to both of you
Went to see a show this weekend myself. Held same time and place as gundogs trials so i was going anyway
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2005, 07:28 AM
Excellent Sarah well done, poor lottie though!
Glad you had a good day with dougal!
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2005, 08:43 AM
congrats hun
Traci
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2005, 09:05 AM
We went to that show, i thought it was ridiculous. After frightening our dogs that much one went absolutely mad and cut my finger there was blood all over me we went home. That has got to be the worst show ever, and after some thought we have decided not to take Lexi to another show. It took us along time to calm her down after we had left, i carn't believe that the people who organised it didn't know
Wheaten mad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2005, 01:55 PM
Thank you all for your replies. I remember you Traci. The problem was that the display was meant to be on the day before but it was raining so bad that it was stopped, and as the people that were doing the display had travelled all the was from Carolina in the USA so the people at the barracks decided to let them do it again the next day. So mike and sue who ran the show had no idea that they would be there again. Sue said today when I talked to her that she was so embarrassed as it showed them in a bad light. But they had no control over what went on and believe me they were just as angry as we were and they did try and make it as easy for the dogs as possible by taking a break when the cannons were going off but when the started again the American decided not to wait a while and carry on.

It really wasn’t mike and sues fault and I am sorry that you and your dog got upset. I hope your finger is ok.

sarah xxxxx
Traci
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2005, 02:41 PM
Yes my finger is ok thanks, i thought it was my dog who was bleeding at first. The show should have been cancelled or something, if someone had warned me that they was going to be gun fire i would have turned round and gone home. I had to keep taking Lexi to the car and leaving the music on to try and drowned the noise out, in the end we gave in and went home.
Wheaten mad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2005, 02:51 PM
Originally Posted by Traci
if someone had warned me that they was going to be gun fire i would have turned round and gone home.
But not even the organisers had prior warning that there would be gun fire. As for the show being cancelled well I think it was better that they didn’t if you got there and you knew there was gonna be gunfire and you dog would freak out then you should turn round and go home but for the people whose dogs were quite calm then it would be unfair and unnecessary.

sarah xxxx
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >