Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Noushka05
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-01-2011, 03:29 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
I honestly cannot be bothered to read all that, suffice to say, do your research on what REALLY kills song birds if you have issue with it, post a thread about it, and you may get a response, and for the record, the thread isnt about Cats either, its Foxes, which IMO should be shot in the town at every opportunity.
deary me such hypocrisy hey lol
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2011, 03:30 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
they are not what i would call true ferals..i have worked with true ferals..not an easy thing to do... foxes are much easier lol
Id tackle a Fox rather than an angry Cat any day!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2011, 03:31 PM
Originally Posted by NOUSHKA05 View Post
deary me such hypocrisy hey lol
If you like, start a thread on Cats, you seem to want to discuss them, Id be happy to, I think they are fantastic creatures, Id have a house full if I could, and certainly in preference to Dogs if I had to choose.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2011, 04:04 PM
Indeed it does, some people choose to omit some points though.

I do think feral colonies should be culled though.
Why, kept under control with trapping & neutering, any adults that are in the colony cannot reproduce, colonies get smaller. Again we are back to scenario of killing unwanted animals. Feral kittens can be tamed down & rehomed.
My eldest kitten is one. His parents were feral.

Its us as human beings who are at fault. People get kittens & domt neuter them. If every kitten was neutered strsy & feral numbers would soon begin to go down.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2011, 04:19 PM
If you like, start a thread on Cats, you seem to want to discuss them, Id be happy to, I think they are fantastic creatures, Id have a house full if I could, and certainly in preference to Dogs if I had to choose.
Totally agree with except the bit about dogs! In my estimation they are equal. Except on the house training issue. Kittens are fantastic, they are sooooooooo easy to house train.

They are also natural comedians without any effort

Dawn - what would you do without your dogs !!!!!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2011, 04:22 PM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
Why, kept under control with trapping & neutering, any adults that are in the colony cannot reproduce, colonies get smaller. Again we are back to scenario of killing unwanted animals. Feral kittens can be tamed down & rehomed.
My eldest kitten is one. His parents were feral.

Its us as human beings who are at fault. People get kittens & domt neuter them. If every kitten was neutered strsy & feral numbers would soon begin to go down.
Hey, Cats are my absolute fave animals, but there is no doubt feral colonies spread disease etc.. There are thousands of ferals that are not neutered, thats how easy it is for people to let their cats out and they come back pregnant!

I had a semi feral kitten, he was lovely, but never very friendly. He would tolerate affection but didnt really like it. He used to go over the golf course every day and stay there till late at night, it was a nightmare to get him back in the house last thing. He got killed on the road going over there, that was the last Cat I allowed off my property, I had inverted fencing afterwards and moved to pedigree cats with predictable temperaments. I usually had rescue Cats till then.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2011, 04:23 PM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
Totally agree with except the bit about dogs! In my estimation they are equal. Except on the house training issue. Kittens are fantastic, they are sooooooooo easy to house train.

They are also natural comedians without any effort

Dawn - what would you do without your dogs !!!!!
Ill NEVER be without my dogs, ever, they mean the world to me, but if I HAD to choose, I suppose I could still work all day and have a Cat, whereas a dog left alone all day, is something Id not want to do.
Noushka05
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-01-2011, 04:35 PM
and i also think cats are fantastic creatures(its their owners fault that theyre killing the worlds wildlife not theirs ) oh and our foxes are also Fantastic creatures

and it was You who mentioned cats 1st in this thread not me
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2011, 04:36 PM
now now ladies!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2011, 04:38 PM
Originally Posted by NOUSHKA05 View Post
and i also think cats are fantastic creatures(its their owners fault that theyre killing the worlds wildlife not theirs ) oh and our foxes are also Fantastic creatures

and it was You who mentioned cats 1st in this thread not me
Id rather not compete for brownie points.

Foxes are fine where they should be yes I agree, in manageable numbers. When they cause issue or behave unnaturally, it needs to be addressed. Likewise the Collared Doves and Wood Pigeons that kill thousands upon thousands of Song Birds each year, due to their immunity to a disease they pass onto others which suffocates and starves them to death.
Page 17 of 37 « First < 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 27 > Last »