Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2011, 07:41 AM

Olympics

Just wondering who has or who will be trying to get tickets for the 2012 olympics?

Also what you will want to be watching. If I went I would want to go and see the eventing part of the equestrian section. I won't be going though as I really do think the games will be an ideal target for terroists and that they are waiting for this to do the big one to England. Plus I would have to drive up the A12
Mind you is it coincidence or not that the olympic games are in 2012 the same year as the world is mean't to end.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2011, 09:39 AM
I intend to remain an olympics-free zone.
MXG
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-03-2011, 03:48 PM
Hoping to go see some basketball
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2011, 03:53 PM
Hoping to get to the womens artisitic gymnastics , know some of the competitors for the GB team since they were little tiddlers and will be fantastic to see them in the olympic arena, tickets kinda pricey tho and coupled with a trip to London !
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2011, 04:25 PM
I'd like to see the Judo.My Brother is an Olympic coach for 2012
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2011, 06:59 PM
I can't stand crowds, traffic jams, or the like so won't be going but will be watching the athletics and swimming.

Didn't know the world was going to end in 2012, bit of a bummer that
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2011, 09:34 PM
I'd love to see the Sailing, Paul Goodison's Dad taught me how to sail - if I'd kept at it I could've been in one of the future Olympics.

I do love the horse events - they should do sledding events - I'd happily watch that.
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2011, 08:02 PM
hmmph the olympics are a sore subject in our town. the council have built an olympic village, costing millions. and intend on selling all our green spaces to pay for it. (against our wishes) the swimming pool isnt deep enough for the synchronized teams to practice in. and the hall isnt high enough for the trampolining. so millions spent on the off chance that some teams MIGHT want to practice there. meanwhile our kids will have to travel across the town to use it. instead of being able to play in their local green spaces.
so no olympics here. id love to go away till its all finished.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-03-2011, 07:21 AM
Originally Posted by bens mum View Post
hmmph the olympics are a sore subject in our town. the council have built an olympic village, costing millions. and intend on selling all our green spaces to pay for it. (against our wishes) the swimming pool isnt deep enough for the synchronized teams to practice in. and the hall isnt high enough for the trampolining. so millions spent on the off chance that some teams MIGHT want to practice there. meanwhile our kids will have to travel across the town to use it. instead of being able to play in their local green spaces.
so no olympics here. id love to go away till its all finished.
I think the same applies to the people living where the Olympic village is built here too they took lots of green space which many of the locals living on its doorstep use to enjoy. Being in London they really appreciated their escape we had moored our boat when we had one right near where some of the village is built and a lot of the area was conservation area with some rare species and it was a beautiful place to be and walk.

I have never enjoyed the Olympics or watching any sport and won't be this year either especially this year as I feel very strongly about the way they have treated the locals.