Female 

27-09-2006, 03:15 PM
i don't think cavaliers really have a public opinion

but if they did then tough
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-09-2006, 05:15 PM
I dont give a damn what others think about my chosen breed-why would i?
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2006, 05:21 PM
No i would not!!!!! Couldn't care less what other people think!

Wouldn't change my babe for the world!!!!
bessey112
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-09-2006, 08:12 PM
Hi,
No i wouldnt change my breed & lets face it they are getting enough stick at the moment
All 3 of mine are well trained & behave brilliantly,even when my Amy has had dogs hanging off her she hasnt reacted at all but all to often people chose to believe what they read in the papers

sarah
trikeschick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2006, 08:41 PM
I won't let others ignorance change my mind about Dobermanns.
eloquence
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2006, 08:55 PM
ABSOLUTLY NOT!

Although like some others i own a breed that doesn't have a bad reputation - apart from setters are said to be totally untrainable and totally mad - also not true!!

The guy next door owns a rottie and he is a massive dog, i thought mine were big - but this dog is such a softie, loves a fuss and will lay down and roll over in the street for tummy tickles!! i think they are beautiful dogs.

I have to stand by what i've always said - its not the breed - its the training and the owners!!

sorry to those who disagree, i'd hate to think of a dog having to be pts just because of its breed.
Missysmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-09-2006, 11:39 PM
NO WAY !!!. I wanted a Staffie for years. I've always liked them and now have one in my favourite Staffie colour, brindle. I hate the fact that people get them as a status symbol because they think they're tough. These ignorant , irresponsible thugs are the ones responsible for giving this breed a bad name. I love the character and endless energy of Staffies, but what I love more is how loving and loyal they are. There should be a "Dog Owners Competence Test" by law. This would weed out the idiots who are not worthy of owning a hamster, let alone a dog. One of the first things I did when I got Missy was enrol her in a dog training class. This should also be compulsory. Missy is very playful and boisterous sometimes BUT she is also very well trained. One example ; on a walk yesterday morning, there was a cat sitting at the side of the narrow path we were on. She saw it and pricked her ears. I said " Missy, leave". She walked straight past the cat, which was only a foot away, and didn't even look at it. If people don't like my dog, that's tough. It's their loss not mine.
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2006, 06:55 PM
Never. I love my dogs - all of them - and I couldn't give a rats a..e whether other people like them or not. Lets face it, the dogs couldn't care less - why should I?
Olly
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2006, 08:22 PM
No i wouldnt change breeds unless i found i could no longer manage to walk a strong dog ,but i might be tempted to add another breed ...............................or two
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2006, 11:13 PM
I would have to say no way! Despite being a gundog nut I'd still love to own a BM or brown Dobe and no one is gonna get in my way!
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >