Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2013, 10:28 AM
Originally Posted by Eileen Duffy View Post
Still waiting to get away!!! Why do daughters need to get dolled up every time they leave the house, iron a outfit, full make- up the works!!!! I can be ready to go anywhere in 5 mins,all glam to trawl round a shopping centre???
Anyway, Lynn just wanted to say I feel for you with Michael.My brother suffers from S.A.D so I know the effect Michael being down can have on the whole family.Really hope he gets help from DR.
Oh at last, ready to go......later xx
SAD is dreadful; a lightbox will help greatly
It is part of the ME package; I start going downhill late August but cannot tolerate bright light..
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2013, 10:29 AM
Originally Posted by Rosebud77 View Post
Bad man! I would change the locks! Enjoy your day off even through it was not planned
The way things are at the moment it is a temptation.
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2013, 10:29 AM
Hi all

Had a hair cut and need to pop to shops in a bit.
That's all for me today!
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2013, 10:33 AM
Originally Posted by lore View Post
The way things are at the moment it is a temptation.
roflol! Might be the shock that is needed! Or when school is out, take the lad and the dog off for a holiday without him and leaving no address
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2013, 10:39 AM
Just settled collie after a hissie fit. Dratted digger which has been asleep over the river is working again,, YOU know, the illegal work. I was out briefly as my beans needed out and collie tracked me close over the wire netting then got so worked up when we went in. Panting , distressed. Medicated her and at last she has settled.

Beans are out,fastest planting ever and bio slug pellets sprinkled after watering in. Lost most of my brassica seedlings so the beans are not going the same way

It is oppressive out there; heavy air somehow so that bit done back abed.. could not settle without sorting my beans!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2013, 11:26 AM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Fantastic news Lynn typical though isn't it, you've decided to stay and now someone wants to buy it, aaaaggghhhh.
Helena, me no understand...isn't this a chit chat thread already, why start another
Hi June

Yeah, i s'pose it is really Just that me and Lynn always feel kind of "obliged" if ya like, to answer each person in turn, otherwise we feel embarrassed that we haven't, and that's ok, but when you come home from a busy morning or have been doing stuff elsewhere, it's kind of daunting to see 10 pages to suddenly read through if ya catch my drift. You have to read it all ya see, otherwise, you might miss something important. Oh I dunno, I think we'll just put it up and let it flow and hope you don't mind when we just can't answer throughout the day from 7 am and long into the night then..... Do you wanna give it a go then Lynn?????? No, thought not LOL I don't think anybody else but you actually read what I wrote anyway, so we'll just let it lie where it is, and forget I said anything hey I'm used to being ignored sometimes, nothing new. We think it's nice that it's taken off as it has, it's always a lovely thread, sometimes sadness, sometimes lots of laughter, it's all good isn't it
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2013, 11:37 AM
Surely Helena if everyone who wants you to read a specific message was to highlight yours or Lynn's name so that you can flick through looking for any highlighted posts for you then you wouldn't have to read all the way through. What do you think? But I wouldn't think anyone on here would expect you to read every post made. The chances are if you start doing two threads you would find yourself with not one but two threads to read because you know you will want to know what is going on, wont you?
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2013, 11:48 AM
Originally Posted by Labrador Lover View Post
Surely Helena if everyone who wants you to read a specific message was to highlight yours or Lynn's name so that you can flick through looking for any highlighted posts for you then you wouldn't have to read all the way through. What do you think? But I wouldn't think anyone on here would expect you to read every post made. The chances are if you start doing two threads you would find yourself with not one but two threads to read because you know you will want to know what is going on, wont you?
Oh my goodness, yes Moyra Rod and back there then!!!! Definitely skip round that new idea of ours then!!!

Back to your beds, everyone as you are then

Just rang my current guests in the new van, they're having a day out in Rye and they tell me they've been out all day every day having a really wonderful time, they love the area and above all, they love the new van, they say it's just like being at home it's so comfortable and has everything. I apologised that it doesn't have the table and chairs yet cos they're still sitting in our garage waiting for us to take it up there but they didn't mind. I don't know his username on here, I'll have to ask him, but he's a very nice man with a spaniel and a yorkie.

I've just spent all morning with that pressure washer out the front, and now I'm filfy dirty and need a shower before lunch, my legs are now green and so are my feet. The neighbour lent me her ladder to do the ballistrades on the front of the terrace, but it was a bit iffy up there holding the pressure washer and the ladder not sitting square on the block paving drive Anyway, I'm pleased to report I didn't have an accident, and now the house is all lovely and white again. I wonder if Dave will notice tonight - nah!

Catch you later, off for a shower.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2013, 12:01 PM
That's nice Helena that your new guests have appreciated all the work you have put into that new van. Well done.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2013, 12:02 PM
Afternoon everyone

Sorry if this is in the wrong chat thread but I'd already multi-quoted a few threads to reply to and haven't seen a second one yet.

Seriously Helena and Lynn - I don't think anyone could expect you to be permanently online, answering everybody all day and night. It is very hard to keep up with it all - I struggle too, especially when I fall asleep at night. There must be another way.

I realised I didn't congratulate Jenny (Nippy) on the graduation - what good news that is. I am also very sorry to hear about your friend.

I also didn't say, Helena, how sorry I am that Dave suffers from the same waking up as I do. It is really horrible. I went to bed early last night but could not stay asleep. Poor Steve, of course I kept waking him up with my rolling around, drinking water, muttering, etc. I'm really glad to see that he is happier at the weekends with you though.

Harvey - huge hugs. We all dread the day we lose our friend and I really feel for you. xxx

Lynn - I hope Michael will be okay and you don't have to tread on egg shells. Great news about the possible house sale, especially of the estate agents are out of the loop.

We tried to contact the agent responsible for the development to enquire about prices for the phase 2. Not only did he not start work until 10 am, but the prices are not going to be released until all the phase 1 lot are up and sold.

I had to go shopping for a birthday present today for a kid's party on Saturday - it's 3 hours long! Then there's another one the following Sunday! I'd prefer to be with Carys because I don't know them very well. I shall choose a good book to read or charge up the Kindle then!

I hope you are all having a good day and again, Lynn and Helena, don't worry!
Page 4 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »