Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2008, 06:06 AM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Succeed or fail, you can see the joy on Jack's face when he's competing. He really seemd to love it
Thanks for sharing, Christine, great photos honey x
Thanks Vicki Jack really, really loves it, and that's what it's all about, we just wouldn't make him do it if he didn't enjoy it

Originally Posted by Fliggle View Post
He looks amazing. He's brilliant.

Heidi
Thank you Heidi, we think so as well

Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
As long as you, Chris and Jack enjoy it and have fun, that's all that matters really. Well done nevertheless. Great video and pictures, really enjoyed them.
Thank you apart from the fun Chris & Jack have, I really enjoy the whole atmospher of the show, everyone is so friendly and most are very helpfull, and you can always here complete strangers going oooooooooh, when something goes wrong, or coming up to you after and giving a little bit of encouragement
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2008, 07:41 AM
What a great team they look - well done!

And lovely for the judge to say what a good round too
I-mac77
Almost a Veteran
Male 

27-05-2008, 05:10 PM
Fantastic pics as usual,

Hope you don't mind but I thought I'd add a couple of pictures I took yesterday of the venue

These were taken before it got really bad

And this was a photo of rings 1-4

and the toilets

I-mac77
Almost a Veteran
Male 

27-05-2008, 05:14 PM
Regarding the contact missing, you could always do some NFC runs, where you are allowed to train in the ring. UKA ones are good for letting you do that. You can't use treats but can use a toy, and put them back on the contacts etc. As long as you don't take the micky that is.
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2008, 05:21 PM
Originally Posted by rachelsetters View Post
What a great team they look - well done!

And lovely for the judge to say what a good round too
Thank you yes they work really well together, they have that bond that you always hope to have, they are the two halfs of a whole

Originally Posted by I-mac77 View Post
Fantastic pics as usual,

Hope you don't mind but I thought I'd add a couple of pictures I took yesterday of the venue
Thanks Iain I'm glad you added the pictures I saw them elsewhere, and couldn't believe how bad it was, we were parked just up from that tree in the second to last pic on Sunday, and just look at it

I know Jack loves his water, and his agility, but I think that would be taking things a bit too far

How did your lot get on, did Zoe get placed in the agility round I saw her do?
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2008, 05:24 PM
Originally Posted by I-mac77 View Post
Regarding the contact missing, you could always do some NFC runs, where you are allowed to train in the ring. UKA ones are good for letting you do that. You can't use treats but can use a toy, and put them back on the contacts etc. As long as you don't take the micky that is.
That might be the way to go, we did get to do some practising in the practice ring on Sunday, our trainer was there, and gave us some help, but we haven't done an agility round in competition yet, to see if he got it yet, the annoying thing is, in training he gets them nearly all the time
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2008, 07:10 PM
Originally Posted by CLMG View Post
Thank you apart from the fun Chris & Jack have, I really enjoy the whole atmospher of the show, everyone is so friendly and most are very helpfull, and you can always here complete strangers going oooooooooh, when something goes wrong, or coming up to you after and giving a little bit of encouragement
I know exactly what you mean. Most people at agility shows are really friendly and helpful and like you, I hear the "oooohs" if it doesn't always go quite right and it's also nice when complete strangers (and judges) compliment you on your runs or just the dogs in general, it really makes you feel even more proud of the dogs, doesn't it? Quite heartwarming, actually. However, you do also get the stuck up folk who won't even finish the round, or at least try to, if their dog doesn't run paw perfect, but they aren't worth bothering with!
I-mac77
Almost a Veteran
Male 

28-05-2008, 09:27 AM
Thank you yes they work really well together, they have that bond that you always hope to have, they are the two halfs of a whole

Thanks Iain I'm glad you added the pictures I saw them elsewhere, and couldn't believe how bad it was, we were parked just up from that tree in the second to last pic on Sunday, and just look at it

I know Jack loves his water, and his agility, but I think that would be taking things a bit too far

How did your lot get on, did Zoe get placed in the agility round I saw her do?

It was scary how bad it all got, but the organisers did a fantastic job of arranging the relocation then the evacuation. Yes Zoe got 8th in the agility and 6th in the jumping on Sunday. We were really hoping to get one of the fantastic trophies during the week, gutted that it has been cancelled.

Zoe loves her agility and water but probably not mixed together. Don't know if you saw but there was a hire caravan left in the water, as noone had the key to remove the locks on it.
I-mac77
Almost a Veteran
Male 

28-05-2008, 09:30 AM
That might be the way to go, we did get to do some practising in the practice ring on Sunday, our trainer was there, and gave us some help, but we haven't done an agility round in competition yet, to see if he got it yet, the annoying thing is, in training he gets them nearly all the time
Hopefully that has helped, but if not I think it would be a good idea to do an NFC run or two. It could be quite good if you did one when you have two agility runs on a day, so one for NFC and one for competition, see if he realises.
I-mac77
Almost a Veteran
Male 

28-05-2008, 09:33 AM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
I know exactly what you mean. Most people at agility shows are really friendly and helpful and like you, I hear the "oooohs" if it doesn't always go quite right and it's also nice when complete strangers (and judges) compliment you on your runs or just the dogs in general, it really makes you feel even more proud of the dogs, doesn't it? Quite heartwarming, actually. However, you do also get the stuck up folk who won't even finish the round, or at least try to, if their dog doesn't run paw perfect, but they aren't worth bothering with!
I agree, on the whole most agility folk are fantastic.

Though regarding those that sometimes won't finish a run when the dog has missed a contact etc, or the dog is mis-behaving, it's because to some their dog continuing the course is rewarding. So if they continued then they are effectively rewarding their dog for mis-behaving. This would be the case with Zoe, she loves her agility so much that the next obstacle is as good a reward as a treat or a toy. Fortunately Zoe is generally good in the ring
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2