Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2008, 07:14 PM
Originally Posted by AliceandDogs View Post
Loved watching your videos, you must be so proud Well done to them both!

I'm glad you enjoyed them
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2008, 07:29 PM
What's the saying, only mad dogs and Englishmen do agility in the snow well there were plenty of us there today, boy was it cold, Jack was stroppy with any dog that came within 10 feet of him, untill we put his muzzle on, then he was fine, even said hello to a couple If you'd said to me would we ever do agility in the snow, I would have laughed and said no way, but I would have been lying, at one stage the snow was so bad it effected the electronic timers and they had to resort to using stop watches no clear rounds today, they got 5 faults in each round, but Jack was brilliant again and did everything he was asked to do we met up with I-mac77, Kahn and Zoe on both days which was really nice and I think they did really well as well

Hope you enjoy, and thanks for looking

Jack sneaking a peak at the course, while waiting his turn

Videos, right click, then click on open link
Round 1, Jumping grade 1

Round 2, grade 1-2 jumping (in the snow)

Round 3, Helter Skelter, grade 1-2, and Chris has kicked himself all the way home for crowding Jack which made Jack have the fence down.
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

23-03-2008, 08:06 PM
Another lot of super videos.
Thanks for sharing.

Bet you were all glad to get home and out of the cold.
Tell Chris not to be too hard on himself.
They both did their best and look like they enjoyed it and that is the main thing.
I-mac77
Almost a Veteran
Male 

23-03-2008, 09:03 PM
Well done, it was difficult out there today for both handler and dogs.

Take care
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2008, 10:06 PM
Those show even better what a lovely relaxed physical-movement handling style Chris has for Jack, he really is making it look effortless for viewers
Great call-timing for the tunnel there too

Lovely to watch, well done Chris and Jack, and especially in such rotten weather !
I wish Chris was a student of mine so I could be the lucky instructor to say, ` he`s one of mine, he`s done himself and Jack really proud `
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2008, 09:00 AM
Originally Posted by lovezois View Post
Another lot of super videos.
Thanks for sharing.

Bet you were all glad to get home and out of the cold.
Tell Chris not to be too hard on himself.
They both did their best and look like they enjoyed it and that is the main thing.
Thanks Eunice it was so nice to be warm again.

Chris is just annoyed to think he let Jack down, but they are both still learning, and as they say, you learn by your mistakes

Originally Posted by I-mac77 View Post
Well done, it was difficult out there today for both handler and dogs.

Take care
Thanks Iain

Originally Posted by Patch View Post
Those show even better what a lovely relaxed physical-movement handling style Chris has for Jack, he really is making it look effortless for viewers
Great call-timing for the tunnel there too

Lovely to watch, well done Chris and Jack, and especially in such rotten weather !
I wish Chris was a student of mine so I could be the lucky instructor to say, ` he`s one of mine, he`s done himself and Jack really proud `
Thanks Patch I re-watched them after reading what you said, and can see that now, Chris was very concious of the calling out of the tunnel, he knew it would have been so easy for Jack too carry straight on, I was just a bit concerned he would have called too early and Jack would have doubled back out of the tunnel, not that he ever has before, but there's a first time for everything

I was wondering, as a trainer, what gives you greater pleasure, your own dog doing well, or seeing one of your students do well, I think you kinda answered that Sue was there, but very busy helping with one of the (indoor) rings, everytime we saw her, she asked how we got on, and was really really pleased with the placings, and very supportive with the rounds they got faults in, there were several others there that train with her, but she was always interested in how they all did, I know for a fact, that since Sue has been training both Chris and Jack, they have come on in leaps and bounds, pardon the pun she really has worked marvels with them

I read out to Chris what you said, and he asked where you train I told him, and he said, that's to far to travel for an hours training but thanks you very much for your compliments, and maybe one day, we'll see you in the ring
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2008, 08:33 PM
Originally Posted by CLMG View Post

I was wondering, as a trainer, what gives you greater pleasure, your own dog doing well, or seeing one of your students do well, I think you kinda answered that
Yep, definitely seeing students do well is the crux of it for me, whether they are doing well at training or at competition or a display - seeing the work, time and patience they put in giving them and their dogs so much enjoyment is what makes it all so worthwhile for me as an instructor

I read out to Chris what you said, and he asked where you train I told him, and he said, that's to far to travel for an hours training but thanks you very much for your compliments, and maybe one day, we'll see you in the ring
I`m sure we will one day, my little T`Akaya is taking to training very well so watch out for her in Medium in the future

I`m planning on doing a training day or weekend some time with informal competition at the end of it, [ as a fundraiser for Wiccawey`s, and out of main competition season of course ], so when I eventually get that together, [ lots of planning to do for it ], I hope you and Chris might like to come, I`d be thrilled to see you guys

[ I`d want all handlers to be mindful of their own instructors methods of course, I`m not the sort who thinks its ok to completely wreck the work another instructor has put in, I`ve had to fix that sort of thing in my own students before when they have gone on training days so it`s something I`m very aware of, but that will be covered in the literature at the time ]
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2008, 11:14 AM
Originally Posted by Patch View Post
I`m planning on doing a training day or weekend some time with informal competition at the end of it, [ as a fundraiser for Wiccawey`s, and out of main competition season of course ], so when I eventually get that together, [ lots of planning to do for it ], I hope you and Chris might like to come, I`d be thrilled to see you guys

Sounds like a fun day, we would be delighted to come (providing you don't order any snow for that day/weekend ) it would be lovely to meet up with you as well
I-mac77
Almost a Veteran
Male 

25-03-2008, 11:43 AM
Originally Posted by CLMG View Post
Sounds like a fun day, we would be delighted to come (providing you don't order any snow for that day/weekend ) it would be lovely to meet up with you as well
Did you not enjoy agility in the snow, it did make for some interesting photos

Great Idea Patch, keep us all informed when you do get it sorted
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2008, 01:07 PM
Originally Posted by I-mac77 View Post
Did you not enjoy agility in the snow, it did make for some interesting photos
I didn't mind the snow its all the poor doggies I'm thinking about
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >