Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
cgib1
New Member!
Female 

27-11-2010, 02:58 PM

Hi advice needed pls x

i am looking into buying a 10mth old pup, she's never been k.c. reg, but because the owners have the mum and dad of the pup they said i'd be able to register her myself with a copy of the details from the mum and das k.c.papers, would this be right?
thanks

x
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2010, 03:19 PM
Originally Posted by cgib1 View Post
i am looking into buying a 10mth old pup, she's never been k.c. reg, but because the owners have the mum and dad of the pup they said i'd be able to register her myself with a copy of the details from the mum and das k.c.papers, would this be right?
thanks

x
The mother and father MUST be registered, as must the litter, you cannot do it yourself. Id avoid the breeder if I were you.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2010, 04:12 PM
No. The breeders are lying. Steer clear.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2010, 04:38 PM
I agree with the others, this breeder is NOT telling the truth. I would avoid them purely on this basis alone, lying to you about the papers is not the best of starts is it?

Even if you do not intend to show your puppy and don't need the KC papers for any other reason, I would still choose another breeder as clearly this one cannot be trusted, who knows what other lies they will tell you?

If I were you I'd check out the KC website 'find a puppy' section which lists breeders who have registered puppies with them. Also contact the relevant breed clubs, they usually know of breeders with litters.
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2010, 07:41 PM
As everyone else has said avoid them. Only a breeder can register a puppy and both parents have to be registered as well.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2010, 07:47 PM
Only breeders can register pups, and do so along side the pups litter mates. I wouldnt bother with such a breeder.
twilightwolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-11-2010, 07:51 PM
Maybe search your local animal rescues and see if they have any similar breeds available. Lots of dogs at 1-2 years find themselves in rescues in need of a home.
Obviously it depends on the breed, You don't see many Saint Bernards for example, But some pedigree dogs are actually quite commonly found in rescues. you may be able to give one which is really in need a nice new home for christmas. More often or not they willl then come neutered, health checked and microchipped and have passed behaviour assessments.
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2010, 07:54 PM
Are you looking at buying the pup to breed or show?
cgib1
New Member!
Female 

27-11-2010, 11:23 PM
thanks for all your replies, i wouldn't be showing but its just its advertised as pedigreed, and around the same price as one u'd expect to get papers with
x
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2010, 12:13 AM
Originally Posted by cgib1 View Post
thanks for all your replies, i wouldn't be showing but its just its advertised as pedigreed, and around the same price as one u'd expect to get papers with
x
Walk away whats the breed by the way someone on here might now an ethical breeder they can put you on to.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >