Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kat14778
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-01-2010, 03:35 PM

Bird scarers

sorry to start if this is in wrong section guys and please excuse spelling lol my walks at the moment are being made a misery we have some great local fields at the bottom of my road but at the moment im having to walk my dogs on the local park because the oldest goes in to panic when the bird scairers go off or he will just freeze and refuse to obey any commands i do think its a little essecive they are going off about every 15 mins and each time there are three large bangs its like guy falkes all ova again any one got any ideas on how to progress with his training to help him tolerate the bangs and does anyone know any laws regarding the use of the bird scairers any help so we can have long peaceful walks again thanks
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2010, 04:33 PM
We've got some bird scarers on the farm we back onto as well. Farmer has to do it, I guess.
Missy was very scared of them when we first moved in , so I laughed a happy "yay, boom" and gave her a treat whenever they went off. Now she's not scared to walk outside the house when they are going off. That said, we don't walk on the farm when they are working, we go to the nature reserve instead. Small price for the joy we get in the field the rest of the time.