Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
talassie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2009, 08:18 AM
Originally Posted by pupsandpets View Post
I must admit that although I know you should have your address on the tag I still only have a contact number!
I've had loads of people pet the dogs and say 'that's a nice tag, what's their name' and then turn it over, so I've always been a bit suspicious and paranoid about that.
I have my house number and postcode but not the street name. That is enough to satisfy the law.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-04-2009, 07:34 PM
Oh my god. Horrendous!
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2009, 11:15 AM
thanks for the warning.

i'm not far away so i'll pass this on to friends as well.

i only have my surname and my phone number on my dogs tags and their both chipped.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2009, 11:30 AM
Of course, I was sitting thinking they must follow the owner to their home after taking the dog...................... What a twit I am. Was looking for some clever scam where really, it's quite simple
I bet you anything this happens, more often than we might think. I guarantee that plenty of dogs who have been stolen did not have their owners address on their tags -- they were followed. We have all read the stories. That is why they say that you should vary your walking routes and the times you go. Humans are creatures of habit; if I look out of my window at particular times (I can see right up and down the street; bay window!) there are certain people who walk their dogs at exactly the same times every day. Like clockwork. It wouldn't be too hard for any would-be dog nappers to notice the same thing.
Mouse
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-04-2009, 11:33 AM
Thank god I couldn't hold down a routine to save my life - at least thats 1 less thing for me to worry about! going to go out & get a new tag engraved without Mouse's name on it now.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2009, 01:00 PM
How dreadful for those poor oap's The exact same thing happened to a blacksmith of mine with his 14 year old collie. It just disappeared from behind him one night whilst out on a walk with his other collie. He had a note put through his door stating the meeting place, he went, he saw his poor dog shut in an old shed in the middle of nowhere, and he paid £400 to take him home Be vigilant, there's a lot of scumbags out there at the moment, it's happening down here all the time!!!

I am sticking with my address on my dog collars coz I would want my dogs back, and the speed I drive, they couldn't possibly follow me home for miles from where I walk them!
pumpkinpie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-04-2009, 02:09 PM
Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
Thank god I couldn't hold down a routine to save my life - at least thats 1 less thing for me to worry about! going to go out & get a new tag engraved without Mouse's name on it now.
I am going to order some new ones from pet tags for my two minus thier names. Hils do you want to order with me only one lot of postage then
On one side I will put mobile number, post code my surname. Reverse side neutered/spayed and microchipped.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3