Our sister sites
Our sister sites
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2007, 04:32 PM
Originally Posted by Lottie View Post
Thanks guys

I think it's because when my dogs DO misbehave and I see people who's dogs DON'T misbehave like mine I think they must be right.

But then I rethink it and I'd rather have slightly naughty, happy dogs than dogs that do things I tell them out of fear.
There is something about family commenting on training your dogs.
Mine do the same, i think we have done really well seeing that my oh broke his ankle a month after getting our puppies and couldnt go to training, but they always have some comment when they come around, i dont think they mean it but i just end up snapping at them and again my dad is one of the worst, they just can't say well done can they.
I have been worried about their behaviour so i got a behaviourist/trainer to come to the house before we took them to classes but he said they were really good seeing they hadnt been to classes so i was please.

Dont listen to them, it is hard though.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2007, 04:38 PM
YOUR house, YOUR dogs, Rhubarb to visitors! If they dont like your house or your dogs, just tell them not to visit, you are not there to be insulted nor your dogs taunted, sorry if I sound harsh, but I wouldnt stand for anyone being like that to my dogs.
Dawn.
Amie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2007, 04:43 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
YOUR house, YOUR dogs, Rhubarb to visitors! If they dont like your house or your dogs, just tell them not to visit, you are not there to be insulted nor your dogs taunted, sorry if I sound harsh, but I wouldnt stand for anyone being like that to my dogs.
Dawn.
100% agree with you (again )
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2007, 04:46 PM
That's just it though Dawn...

It's my mum's house, and my mum's brother Yes, my dogs but you can only say a certain amount to family members who I 'should' have respect for.

I do agree though... and I don't know how many times I've told people 'MY dogs, MY rules - and I don't want them being fed!' when people kept feeding them...
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2