Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2008, 05:27 PM

So pleased with Stumpy

We took the dogs to the Borders Union Agricultural Show today.

This is the 2nd time Stumpy has been to something like this. Last time she was very nervous, trying to dart off away from everything.

We're off camping in the lakes with my brother next weekend and that was one of the reasons for taking her to the show today - I was worried that it still might all be a bit much for her, but today she took it all in her stride.

She only got really scared once - when a child burst a balloon right next to her - but even then, whilst she did jump out of her skin, she didn't try to bolt and was fine again immediately afterwards.

She also had a go on a bus - though she was a wee bit scared, she followed me on and walked through the bus to the back and then sat down quietly by my feet.

I know it doesn't sound like much to most of you, but I'm so pleased with her.

To top it all we had two different people saying to us what calm, well behaved dogs we had
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2008, 05:31 PM
It's a lovely feeling isn't it when it all goes right! Well done to your boys, but it's only down to all the hard work you've put in Hali. Give yourself a large pat on the back for having such beautifully behaved doglets
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

26-07-2008, 06:41 PM
So pleased to hear this Fiona hope you all have a lovely camping holiday.
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2008, 06:53 PM
hi hali
its lovely when they do well isnt it ,my two are both bit nervous ,im so proud ,when they do things to show they can handle ,new situations .the bus is a real well done stumpy
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2008, 07:42 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
We took the dogs to the Borders Union Agricultural Show today.

This is the 2nd time Stumpy has been to something like this. Last time she was very nervous, trying to dart off away from everything.

We're off camping in the lakes with my brother next weekend and that was one of the reasons for taking her to the show today - I was worried that it still might all be a bit much for her, but today she took it all in her stride.

She only got really scared once - when a child burst a balloon right next to her - but even then, whilst she did jump out of her skin, she didn't try to bolt and was fine again immediately afterwards.

She also had a go on a bus - though she was a wee bit scared, she followed me on and walked through the bus to the back and then sat down quietly by my feet.

I know it doesn't sound like much to most of you, but I'm so pleased with her.

To top it all we had two different people saying to us what calm, well behaved dogs we had
oh I dont know, about not meaning much to us, I met her not long after you getting her, I have to say well done you, I cant wait to see her agian next month x
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2008, 09:01 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
It's a lovely feeling isn't it when it all goes right! Well done to your boys, but it's only down to all the hard work you've put in Hali. Give yourself a large pat on the back for having such beautifully behaved doglets
Thanks H. I'm sure there'll be a few more ups and downs along the way and next week I'll probably be wondering how anyone can think they're well behaved

Originally Posted by lovezois View Post
So pleased to hear this Fiona hope you all have a lovely camping holiday.
Thanks Eunice. only a long weekend (maybe even shorter if it rains) but we enjoyed it last year.

Originally Posted by queenwillow View Post
hi hali
its lovely when they do well isnt it ,my two are both bit nervous ,im so proud ,when they do things to show they can handle ,new situations .the bus is a real well done stumpy
Thanks QW. I know Steph has said how you're making real progress with your two

Originally Posted by Shona View Post
oh I dont know, about not meaning much to us, I met her not long after you getting her, I have to say well done you, I cant wait to see her agian next month x
Thanks Shona Really looking forward to meeting you and Lorraine & the rotties again.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2008, 09:07 PM
You have done a great job with Stumpy Hali, no wonder you are proud of her and you should be proud of yourself too, i'm sure she will love going camping!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2008, 09:30 PM
Well Done Stumpy.....and well done to one Proud Mom.xxxxxxx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2008, 06:38 AM
How excellent! Obviously, all your and Stumpy's hard work has paid off, Hali. Very well done to you both
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2008, 11:02 AM
Thanks guys
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >