Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2008, 04:50 PM

son in court

found out from ex what he got for the driving offences.

he has been banned for 6 months - guess not able to apply for his provisional licence and £75 fine.

dont know or care if he pays it because if he doesnt he will have to face the consequences. have warned various people that he will be on the cadge for money and the reason why. hopefully they will all refuse to help him as i see him not facing up to anything if he doesnt learn to sort his own messes out

sue
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-01-2008, 05:13 PM
I personally think he got away very lightly if that's all he got, taking into consideration he could of killed someone or smashed into someone's car without any form of a driving licence or insurance.

Sometimes it make you wonder if these magistrates live on the same planet as the rest of us.

I think he should of been banned for two years minimum and made to work as part of a committee service program in a morgue where the victims of fatal car crashes end up. That way he would have the time to be able to fully understand the error of his ways.
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2008, 05:18 PM
Originally Posted by Colin View Post
I personally think he got away very lightly if that's all he got, taking into consideration he could of killed someone or smashed into someone's car without any form of a driving licence or insurance.

Sometimes it make you wonder if these magistrates live on the same planet as the rest of us.

I think he should of been banned for two years minimum and made to work as part of a committee service program in a morgue where the victims of fatal car crashes end up. That way he would have the time to be able to fully understand the error of his ways.
actually i agree. to be honest i was hoping he would go to prison - cos i cant see him changing with just a slapped wrist

sue
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2008, 05:18 PM
I'm sorry; it must still be a worry for you.
I hope this prompts him to have a think about things.
xxx
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2008, 05:21 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
I'm sorry; it must still be a worry for you.
I hope this prompts him to have a think about things.
xxx
actually dont worry about him any more because i have learnt if i cant change things there is no point in worrying about it. i cant change tom the only person that can do it is tom. he lives his life and i live mine.

sue
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-01-2008, 05:22 PM
Originally Posted by Blackie's Mum View Post
actually i agree. to be honest i was hoping he would go to prison - cos i cant see him changing with just a slapped wrist

sue
The problem is Sue, prisons don't educate people.

He needs educating to the repercussions of his actions. Hence the reason I think anyone who commits such an offence should spend a month working in a morgue, then they not only get to see the poor victim laying on that slab, but also the family that has been left behind to suffer.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-01-2008, 05:23 PM
Not for the 1st time offence, Mags haven'y got a huge deal of power.
If he doesn't pay they will do him on breaching it, then the cost will go up.
Have they made an arrangement with him, of the figure to pay each month?
He wont be able to apply for his licence until the 6 months has been served.
Glad you know what the results was, sue don't fall in to any traps re the fine.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2008, 05:34 PM
Originally Posted by Blackie's Mum View Post
actually dont worry about him any more because i have learnt if i cant change things there is no point in worrying about it. i cant change tom the only person that can do it is tom. he lives his life and i live mine.

sue
I understand .
xxx
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2008, 05:34 PM
Originally Posted by leo View Post
Not for the 1st time offence, Mags haven'y got a huge deal of power.
If he doesn't pay they will do him on breaching it, then the cost will go up.
Have they made an arrangement with him, of the figure to pay each month?
He wont be able to apply for his licence until the 6 months has been served.
Glad you know what the results was, sue don't fall in to any traps re the fine.
thanks for the info didnt get much as just got the basics of ex husband. not going to help him with the fine otherwise he wont learn. just will have to wait and see if he pays it or finishes back up in court

sue
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2008, 05:37 PM
I think he should of been banned for two years minimum and made to work as part of a committee service program in a morgue where the victims of fatal car crashes end up. That way he would have the time to be able to fully understand the error of his ways.[/QUOTE]

o/h fully agrees with you and so do i. dont know what is going to change my son but i doubt if this court appearance will

sue
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >