View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-07-2005, 11:13 AM
i booster mine every yr and kc vac when needed.
i think as they get older they are more prone to picking stuff up the last thing i would want is a dog with problems getting a bug and being ill.
we had it with our old girl a heart condition but we kept her jabs upto date to be safe.
i think it depends if they go out where they go out etc for the risk involved to the dog.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2005, 01:39 PM
Originally Posted by Christine
*I had a right run in with a previous vet a couple of years ago on this when I said I may not be vaccinating again, and he accused the likes of me of spreading these diseases! I backed down and had Cassie vaccinated, but she was not well at the time having just recovered from a severe case of toxic poisoning where she had been on a drip for a whole week*

Oh that makes me so angry Helen, it states very very clearly on all patient data for each & every vaccine issued *Should only be administered to healthy animals* AND that goes for humans too!!!!
Anyway whats done is done, can only live & learn & go forward eh

Let me know if you`d like a little bedtime reading, have more along those lines
Yes please Christine, how will you send it pm me and I can give you my e-mail address maybe?? Thanks a lot, I'm very intereted.
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2005, 01:47 PM
Theres a lot of information there dont feel I needed to add my two penny worth. A lot of dog owners nowadays dont vaccinate unless going into kennels. My Barney is 14 years old and I stopped when he was 10 however when I was due to get Brodie I updated him just incase as she would of been vulnerable had he had anything.
I have 4 cats also which after their initial vacs they havent been done again and the oldest is 15. I would say unless breeding or getting another pup dont bother even vets dont always agree with them.
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

21-07-2005, 02:39 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54
Yes please Christine, how will you send it pm me and I can give you my e-mail address maybe?? Thanks a lot, I'm very intereted.
Hi helen I`ll get what I`ve got all together & email you it
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3