Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2006, 03:27 PM
Both gorgeous dogs.

I agree sure you can get very similar in looks with first gen x's...But the point of putting some structure to it and making the breed in my opinion is to aim for consistent temperaments and characteristics as well as looks and to keep a close watch on health...With a first gen cross then surely you could expect anything in temperament especially where as you come to know what to expect in NI/Utes.
kyektulu
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2006, 03:28 PM
Very pretty dog, I agree he looks like a NI!

Very cute chappie indeed.
jess
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2006, 03:33 PM
i dunno mys, of course your right, that is the point in having a 'breed' anyway, so that the temperament is the same throughout (obviously they are still individuals)
but scarily Kai and Akela have been brought up in seperate households, by very different approaches (Kai doesn't get into trouble for anything) yet they both show very similar traits. Kai was always the more outgoing one, so i thought he might turn into a runaway, but he never goes far out of your sight.
Akela on the other hand was quieter and got more outgoing as time passed, but again always comes back and is not a wanderer. I think it has turned out to be a very good cross for us. However most of akela's littermates have not stayed in their original homes and one turned aggressive. I met Kai's brother firsthand and he was nervous aggressive with my dogs (Akela was really confused!) Guess we will never know if it is genetics or being in the wrong hands/bad experiences which made this happen, but ours, so far, have made us proud.
Alexou
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-11-2006, 03:37 PM
he was so gorgeous when a pup and he is a stunner as an adult!!! .... big cuddle from me and my monsters gang!
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-11-2006, 03:38 PM
lovely pics :smt049
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2006, 03:52 PM
Originally Posted by jess View Post
i dunno mys, of course your right, that is the point in having a 'breed' anyway, so that the temperament is the same throughout (obviously they are still individuals)
but scarily Kai and Akela have been brought up in seperate households, by very different approaches (Kai doesn't get into trouble for anything) yet they both show very similar traits. Kai was always the more outgoing one, so i thought he might turn into a runaway, but he never goes far out of your sight.
Akela on the other hand was quieter and got more outgoing as time passed, but again always comes back and is not a wanderer. I think it has turned out to be a very good cross for us. However most of akela's littermates have not stayed in their original homes and one turned aggressive. I met Kai's brother firsthand and he was nervous aggressive with my dogs (Akela was really confused!) Guess we will never know if it is genetics or being in the wrong hands/bad experiences which made this happen, but ours, so far, have made us proud.
I couldn't answer that...I guess I always just felt that with NI I was told, ok this is generally what they are like and felt better having a good idea with what I may be taking on but I thought with straight crosses it would be a guessing game...Although I understand that two dogs of the same breed may act totally different.
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2006, 03:54 PM
Georgeous dogs Jess, what a stunning face and lovely eyes
Muddiwarx
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2006, 03:56 PM
Beautiful - both of them
maebme
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2006, 03:58 PM
what a transformation! All grown up! Great pics.
Hannah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2006, 04:06 PM
wow he is stunning! Love the pics hes getting so big and handsome, I bet he draws a crowd!
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >