Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2009, 10:40 AM

Off lead run..

Just three little words that don't go together with Missy

I do have a couple of places round here which I feel are safe enough to let her off lead ( no major roads, all fenced) and today we went for a walk in one, before the down pour which is threatening.

So, I release the catch.. off you go girl...

Off she trots, with a gait the Spanish Riding School horses would die for.... trot ... trot..trot...

then she finds something fascinating to sniff....

Sniff ...sniff.....sniff...wee!

Trot, trot, trot.... sniff... sniff... sniff...wee

What part of off lead run did she not understand?
Only time I have ever seen her run and mean it is when we take the chuckits and the tennis balls out.

Left to her own devices, its the trot, sniff, wee

I don't mind really, if you saw her little face, you would know she's in doggy heaven.

Left to their own devices, would your dogs run?
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2009, 10:43 AM
Ummm.....yes...Tango has already shown she is good at scattering a flock of pigeons and Cosmo lives life at top speed!
Tango is more inclined to sniff sniff pee though...she has sort of bursts of enthusiastic movement.She trots too, it's sooooooo sweet!
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2009, 10:47 AM
Pepper runs quite often, she often seems to be convinced that there is something fascinating just up ahead, then other days she'll amble. More worryingly she'll sometimes take off at full speed if she remembers something she saw earlier, like a squirrel or dumped food and she wants to go get it!

So if I was you I'd appreciate the ambling!!!!

J
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2009, 10:57 AM
Run?!?! I think Mia teleports, take your eye off her and she is nowhere to be seen, then she pops up miles away in the totaly different direction from where you think she went - although recal is finally getting better and she can come screetching back at a million miles and hour and if there is no big distractions she slams into a sit and licks her lips for a treat

Ben runs a little, but he always has to know where I am so he dosent go out of site and walks with me most of the time
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2009, 11:27 AM
Originally Posted by MissE View Post
Just three little words that don't go together with Missy

I do have a couple of places round here which I feel are safe enough to let her off lead ( no major roads, all fenced) and today we went for a walk in one, before the down pour which is threatening.

So, I release the catch.. off you go girl...

Off she trots, with a gait the Spanish Riding School horses would die for.... trot ... trot..trot...

then she finds something fascinating to sniff....

Sniff ...sniff.....sniff...wee!

Trot, trot, trot.... sniff... sniff... sniff...wee

What part of off lead run did she not understand?
Only time I have ever seen her run and mean it is when we take the chuckits and the tennis balls out.

Left to her own devices, its the trot, sniff, wee

I don't mind really, if you saw her little face, you would know she's in doggy heaven.

Left to their own devices, would your dogs run?
aw bless, i know exactly how you feel as Bruno has the same restriction, however when we take him up the fields he knows thats an offlead walk and he bolts about EVerYWHERE and knackers himself out completely.

However I took him yesterday and had him on the long line as there was a car parked so knew there was someone down in the field with a dog ( a lady we regularly pass who has belgian sheperds) and he trotted along beside me like he was on the short lead !!!
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2009, 11:36 AM
Yes, running is my twos very favourite thing in the world.
I love watching them (and they only get to do it somewhere safe)
Reisu
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-04-2009, 11:47 AM
Jobie did exactly the same, though the one place we could let him offlead has banned dogs now...
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2009, 11:56 AM
OMG yes, Mack is a running loon life in the fast lane with him There are less places I can let him off lead safely here, so much wildlife, so when he gets the chance to really run he goes for it

Meg is a jog then sprint, then back to jogging, and then a little sprint but she does weird bunny hops and turns when off lead, and prances around
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-04-2009, 11:59 AM
Mine are nearly always off lead and they run when chasing balls, each other or one of us. They just trot along with us the rest of the time. I just think mine have been conditioned not to run off unless given a cue, such as a ball being thrown or one of the others doing their chase me routine. Syd likes to see the geese scatter as he runs towards them, but you can tell from his speed and actions that's all he's after.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2009, 12:14 PM
Zena trots off ahead, not far, and Georgie ambles along by my side. The only time Zena will run is if I let her go and play with some of her friends, or I throw the ball which I don't do much coz of her tender joints, but Georgie would run for miles to see another dog if I didn't see it first and tell him no!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >