Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2008, 08:16 PM

Rescue Centre

We paid our usual Christmas visit to the rescue centre that we got Mo from today.
They are very busy. They told us they have 50 cats and 28 dogs for rehoming and this is a reduced number because otherwise they can't give them the attantion they need and deserve over Christmas.
Poor animals, victims of the credit crunch through no fault of their own
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2008, 08:24 PM
I'm afraid its the same all over. Poor, poor dogs (and cats).

I'm sure your visit will have been very much appreciated.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2008, 08:27 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
I'm afraid its the same all over. Poor, poor dogs (and cats).

I'm sure your visit will have been very much appreciated.
Well I hope so, I wish we could have given them a lot more but as hubby said we rescued Mo so thats one less for them to look after.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2008, 08:56 PM
That's really sad, Jenny. Poor animals. Did you see any of the dogs?

A friend of mine takes up stuff to the local rescue centre every year, where she got her dog from 8 years ago. They appreciate every single thing you can spare them.

She makes tablet throughout the year and the money from that goes to the centre to buy the cats and dogs food. She's met the guy who goes out and buys the food and has seen him arrive at the centre with a van load of dry food. She took almost £400 up to them today.

I, like may of you, think about the animals in rescue centres every day and it really breaks my heart to think of them in there. I could never buy another dog.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

22-12-2008, 09:06 PM
Jenny, that's really nice of you to keep in touch with them. There must be so many animals in need as mentioned above it's heartbreaking - as you say it's only going to get worse with the economy heading for a nose dive.
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2008, 09:12 PM
its heart breaking , it make you wish you could squeeze one more in
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2008, 09:14 PM
Originally Posted by queenwillow View Post
its heart breaking , it make you wish you could squeeze one more in
It does, Tracey. I'd take on another small rescue in a second if I could.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2008, 09:17 PM
We donate regularly,wish there was more we could do to help these poor animals,so sad.
I visit a forum for rescue workers and it breaks my heart,week in week out they have dogs on death row some as young as 6 months old.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2008, 09:46 AM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
That's really sad, Jenny. Poor animals. Did you see any of the dogs?

A friend of mine takes up stuff to the local rescue centre every year, where she got her dog from 8 years ago. They appreciate every single thing you can spare them.

She makes tablet throughout the year and the money from that goes to the centre to buy the cats and dogs food. She's met the guy who goes out and buys the food and has seen him arrive at the centre with a van load of dry food. She took almost £400 up to them today.

I, like may of you, think about the animals in rescue centres every day and it really breaks my heart to think of them in there. I could never buy another dog.
I'm afraid I just didn't have the heart to go and see the dogs Nicola but I could hear them all barking. I never know whether it upsets them more when people walk past them or is it just that I don't want to be upset, which I would be
I met a lady who is doing a stocking for every dog there. We gave her a donation too as she still had things to buy.
What a good job there are still wonderful people like that around
venus
Dogsey Junior

23-12-2008, 10:17 AM
it does make you cry, i went up to my local rescue centre a couple of weeks ago gave three sacks of food, fell in love with a white stafford called frank, i have 4 of my own so couldn't take on a male, as much as i would love to, sadly the rescue centre cannot take in anymore as an outbreak of kennel cough means nothing else can go in, breaks my heart i can't do anymore for them, i had a phone call from a lady who lived nearby, told me to come get her dog as she can't cope and she wanted it out the house, he is now being forstered by my mum, she had to stay up with him the first night as when she left he would bark and cry, he is only 6 months old, all these animals want is a bit of love and and a kind hand.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >