View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
k9xxb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2008, 05:59 PM
Would weds be ok - i was just about to edit post, lol - tues is out. Yes he is nervous - the lip-licking and tail between his legs as well as the ears and eye signals all show nerves. Out normal walks he is fine though - i have to say, he enjoys just out pootling about to be honest.
k9xxb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2008, 06:02 PM
Obviously depending on your thoughts and whether you thought he would fit in - it would all have to be passed through his breeder. I don't have the option on that one and the dealings would all be done through him. That way i know i've done what was asked of me.

ETA: He is a tad expensive for a pet dog though - he won't home him for the sake of it. I know thats not an issue - just wanted to mention it.

Is your mobile still the same: I can give you a call tomorrow to discuss it
Magic
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-12-2008, 06:11 PM
Fair enough comment! I'm not looking to pay over the odds for a potential pet dog deemed not suitable for the kind of work for which he was bred for - in addition to having had a bad start and no education. It was a potential good home that may have been on offer, but if the money is what is important we can just forget it! I take it he's not your dog then? Thanks!

Magic
k9xxb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2008, 06:15 PM
No worries at all - i thought it best to let you know as i know you're hoping to get a dog suitable for sport and from the assessment he wouldn't make the grade and it wouldn't be fair on you not knowing. Wishing you well in your search - if you go onto the other forum, there are still working lines pups available, kc reg, from mark950. Don't know if that helps. I know he has reduced them in price due to the current climate and is asking around the £350 mark.
Magic
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-12-2008, 06:25 PM
My response to your dog was 'the sucker' in me looking to get a gsd on the right road that was all, and perhaps give him the chance of a caring home. It does sound like it's all about money though - you would not want to breed from a nervous dog like that either so his only hope as I see it, is a patient pet home where someone can educate him - how can you ask top dollar for a dog like this? JMO

Magic
k9xxb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2008, 06:38 PM
It's not top dollar i'm asking for, it's the breeder - thats who you would be dealing with - thats why i am keeping out of it - nothing can be misconstrued then.
Magic
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-12-2008, 06:38 PM
Yep, same mobile no. as before, have just noticed you had edited your post.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2008, 09:01 PM
I am confused!

Are you looking for a GSD purely for work purposes as a security dog Linda?

Is Cosmo still owned by the breeder - loaned to you on the understanding he would go back to the breeder if he wasn't suitable for security work?

I do feel sorry for these dogs that seem to be being pushed from pillar to post
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2008, 09:06 PM
Originally Posted by Magic View Post
I'm not looking to pay over the odds for a potential pet dog deemed not suitable for the kind of work for which he was bred for - in addition to having had a bad start and no education. It was a potential good home that may have been on offer, but if the money is what is important we can just forget it!
I agree. Surely Cosmo's breeder would be grateful of a good and experienced home to take on and rehabilitate this dog, rather than asking £££s? Such a shame if money is more important
k9xxb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2008, 08:34 AM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
I am confused!

Are you looking for a GSD purely for work purposes as a security dog Linda?

Is Cosmo still owned by the breeder - loaned to you on the understanding he would go back to the breeder if he wasn't suitable for security work?

I do feel sorry for these dogs that seem to be being pushed from pillar to post
Hi Moobli - in Cosmos case. yes. I was hoping to get him licensed to allow me to work him (you don't have to licence the dog yet as long as you have an SIA licence - however its better and safer for securitys sake and employers tend to want some proof of the dogs capabilities.

The dog was actually paid for and i have all his papers but it was only on the condition he would be returned if it didn't work out. It's also in the contract of sale that this has to happen. Previously someone did sell a dog on from this breeder without permission and it took them ages to track the dog down and buy it back as they didn't know where he had gone or the circumstances he was homed in.
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >