Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2011, 03:31 PM

Virus?

Please does anyone know what this is? will try to describe, after switching pc on this morning a strange thing was at top of screen, a white rectangular box with red, blue, green n yellow squares in it, a grey band along the top with13 dots and a cross. I didn't click on it but the pc went weird, i switched off then on n did a sytem restore n full virus scan. It seems ok now but am worried, any help much appreciated
Many thanks
H
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2011, 07:07 PM
No ideas? anyone? Am going to try look up n see if can find info, pc acting up a bit.
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2011, 07:14 PM
I don't know, sorry H. I would have thought that if you have anti virus software you should be ok though. Hopefully someone else will know more.x
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2011, 07:14 PM
No haven't a clue I'm afraid - where is Azz when you need him
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2011, 07:26 PM
Thankyou both, i do have anti virus n have done scan etc today, have just being trying to post picture of what was on screen but couldn't do it, i feel very upset with things, sorry x
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2011, 07:29 PM
Originally Posted by k9paw View Post
Thankyou both, i do have anti virus n have done scan etc today, have just being trying to post picture of what was on screen but couldn't do it, i feel very upset with things, sorry x
Don't be sorry, just wish I knew what it was. Computers are great in theory but very frustrating at times. My laptop has nearly taken several flying lessons
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2011, 07:41 PM
Thanyou, have had a help update thing from isp that keeps popping up but when tried befor said they needed to configure my browser, now they keep logging me off. I didn't want to change anything because took me ages to re install everything before, i really don't need pc problems on top of everything else n don't know if they're doing it on purpose(am in ).
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-02-2011, 07:47 PM
Thanyou, have had a help update thing from isp that keeps popping up but when tried befor said they needed to configure my browser, now they keep logging me off. I didn't want to change anything because took me ages to re install everything before, i really don't need pc problems on top of everything else n don't know if they're doing it on purpose(am in ).
Oh no, wish I could help. Maybe try sending Azz a pm - he is a computer genius - maybe he can help you?x
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

27-02-2011, 08:18 PM
after switching pc on this morning a strange thing was at top of screen, a white rectangular box with red, blue, green n yellow squares in it, a grey band along the top with13 dots and a cross. I didn't click on it but the pc went weird, i switched off then on n did a sytem restore n full virus scan. It seems ok now but am worried, any help much appreciated
H
I'm hardly a computer expert either H so here's just a few random thoughts:-
a) I think it's unlikely a virus would show itself like that, they usually affect the operating system or one of your programs.
b) If you did a full virus scan the program you used may have eliminated any virus automatically

Do you get a report on any virus's that it found, if there was no report you should be OK - I hope so anyway, we don't want to loose you from here
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

27-02-2011, 09:09 PM
a white rectangular box with red, blue, green n yellow squares in it, a grey band along the top with13 dots and a cross.
That sounds like some sort of monitor calibration thing... I'd guess you may have some sort of hardware problem... It's pretty much iimpossible to diagnose further without getting hands-on.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >