Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
fluffymummy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-10-2009, 04:36 PM

Kevin the hooligan

We are about the go to our first dog show ever tomorrow, it's a Coton fun show, and what did my boy go and do today - he gave himself a black eye !
Silly boy was playing too much with other dogs and apparently ran into this low wall in the park...I didn't even see anything wrong as he was running around after that, I only noticed a moment ago that one of his eyes is red on both top and bottom lids
I'm not too worried as he seems his normal self, but what a way to introduce himself to his cousins - he looks like he had a punch up with someone after too many beers
And I was going to inquire about adopting an ex show dog, can't see that happening anymore
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2009, 05:29 PM
Ouch!! Poor boy - perhaps he has just burst some blood vessels and he'll be much better tomorrow? I would still go if he feels perky enough, it will be a nice social occasion for you both to have a bit of fun.

Originally Posted by fluffymummy View Post
And I was going to inquire about adopting an ex show dog, can't see that happening anymore
Why not? I don't think for a minute someone wouldn't allow you to adopt because your dog accidentally hurt his eye. If he doesn't feel up to it you could go along without him and chat to the owner.
fluffymummy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-10-2009, 05:48 PM
Thanks! I'm hoping he'll be alright, he is polishing off his rawhide at the moment, so I can safely say he's fine at the moment! But he does have a shiner! Bless him!
The show is 100 miles away and there's no way we are missing it, I'm so excited for him as we never run into any Cotons and he'll love it! Fingers crossed he's ok tomorrow But yeah, he's a proper teenager!
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2009, 07:28 PM
aw, what a silly boy sounds very sore though
Briard Lover
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-10-2009, 07:42 PM
You have to watch them all the time, they are worse than kids sometimes.

Hope his eye is better soon, sending him a big hug
fluffymummy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-10-2009, 09:59 PM
Thank you people!
For a small dog he has sooo much energy and gets in all sorts of trouble My friend said she'd rather look after two small kids than one of him!