View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2004, 07:47 PM
Well I think thats the way we're headed! I don't think I have ever seen her so playful as she has been tonight. She has never done this throwing things around before. Its real fun to watch, but as I have a downstairs neighbour, they probablely don't think its so funny.

Well I'm going to bed now, or at least going in to watch telly the last hour before I really should be sleeping. I'm gettin up at 5 am tomorrow -- another working day yuk!

Goodnight Carole and thanks for the reassurance
2 Dobes
Dogsey Junior

30-07-2004, 10:18 AM
I would like to give you some advice that i've been told if i may, Ebony had a mild phantom for her 1st season and the vet knows i would like to breed from her so no medication was offered and she came through it by cutting down her food and giving more exercise,but i only did this after she had finished her season.After reading elsewhere when she had her 2nd one I cut her food down by half whilst she was in season up until she was 63 days later . The reason being that if she only has enough food for herself she wont provide for any suspected puppies and it worked , she had no hormonal swelling or gained any weight .

Thnks for reading

Ella.x.
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2004, 10:32 AM
Wow Ella

That makes perfect sense!!!!

I gotta remember that for her next season. Her mum has 9 months between hers, so I have to write it down somewhere, if Luna also goes that long between the seasons

Thank you so very much

Jeanette

Ps she still isn't eating okay, but that can be so many things: separation anxiety, the hot weather or the kongs she gets when home alone.
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2004, 09:09 AM
Hey guys....

Guess what. Luna just started her 2. season this morning.

Now I called my vet, she said that 2 months was quite a long time to only feed her half dosis.... And that I should get her sterilized.

But as I don't have the £360 right now and it couldnt be done in the next 3 months anyway, I wonder wot I can do.

Maybe she wont even get a false pregnancy, but if I somehow can prevent it.......

Isn't she gonna loose quite a bit of weight, if I only feed half and do extra exersize?
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-11-2004, 09:19 AM
hope Luna does not have another phantom pregnancy this time.

fingers crossed
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-11-2004, 09:21 AM
My understanding is that you do not need to cut down on food during the season - only afterwards if she starts showing signs of a phantom ? I would follow the advice of your veterinarian. Can you get her spayed and make arrangements to pay over a period of time? Many vets here have payment options for people who cannot afford the full amount in one go.
2 Dobes
Dogsey Junior

15-11-2004, 10:31 AM
Bellaluna, do you still exersize her whilst in season? if you do then i would feed her the amount she normally has untill maybe a couple of weeks before she could phantom.

I haven't found anywhere to exercize Ebony without other dogs in the area so we have to make do with the garden which is hard work as she will not play with balls or frisbies or fetch so i have to leave it upto Zak to help.

Therefore she gains weight easily if i dont cut her down whilst in season, I'm having to do it now as i cant take her out becouse of the KC.

Ella.x.
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2004, 11:17 AM
Thanks Caz, so do I

SB: Well my vet is usually very nice about payments. But £360 or 3600 danish kroner is a lot of money. According to the vet I can't have her sterilized untill her season is over and a month or after that.

Ella: I think we see a bit different on dogs in season here in Denmark.

I've heard about this not exercising your bitch when in season, but here in Denmark the "attitude" is, that we are all allowed here..... And at dogtraining they say, that its the male dogowners responsibilty to control their dog.

I didnt attend dogtraining at her first season, as Luna was impossible to work with at that time.

But yes I do exersice Luna while in season (and would so even if I had a garden, which I don't )

Hmm I might try the cutting down on food just before or at the start of an eventual phantom.

Thanks guys, knew I could count on you
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2004, 12:08 PM
Finger's crossed she doesn't have another phanotm J
candie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2004, 12:18 PM
she'll be fine j!!i think daisys coming in any day now, v silly behaviour and not eating etc
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >