Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2006, 10:00 AM

Jackiew..

I have 2 budgies in a huge cage inside, their door is always open so get plenty of free flying....
I am thinking of buliding a small aviery outside for them...What will I need in term of heating etc for the winter months, or would I be best bringing them back in, in the winter??
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2006, 11:20 AM
We used to have 25 budgies in an aviary which was attached to the shed and they had wooden cages inside the shed and an hole which they could go through to the outside aviary when they pleased. They didn't have any heating in the shed and they used to go and sit outside in the wind, rain, snow and hail and they seemed to do well and lived longer than any budgies I had inside.
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2006, 12:41 PM
Moli we have set our avaries up so they have a outside bit for flight and converted a shed into a indoor bit
we have a heater in their and it is on only at nites

you could bring them back in in the winter but if you put them out early spring they soon learn to adjust to the weather

if you want any pics of our avairies just let me know
you could scale your one down abit
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2006, 01:32 PM
I am a bit worried they may not like being outside, they are real softies.....But on sayong that, think they would benefit from the fresh air and have so much more to see....Plus, I could also add to my bird collection!!
Would love to see your avierys Jackie...
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2006, 07:55 PM
Jackie can we all see pics of your avaries. Please
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2006, 08:15 PM
Originally Posted by Moli
I am a bit worried they may not like being outside, they are real softies.....But on sayong that, think they would benefit from the fresh air and have so much more to see....Plus, I could also add to my bird collection!!
Would love to see your avierys Jackie...
I bet they would love it Moli, ours looked so happy in the aviary and we had all different colours. I gave some birds away two years ago to someone who had a large aviary so they could have a better life - I really miss my cockateils especially the male and female one that I got first but I wanted them to have a better life than what I could give them .