Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2009, 06:51 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
I love wildlife and love watching it. Not keen on rats, but love to watch foxes, badgers, hares, pine marten (here on hols) etc etc. Unfortunately I haven't been lucky enough to see the wildcat up here yet, but there is always next year.
I'd love to see some photos if you get the chance. I saw two muntjac deer this afternoon, peering at me through the trees. I think that's what they were, anyway.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2009, 06:56 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
No, because any food I left out for wild animals would either be consumed by my dogs, cats or the neighbours cats.
Which is the reason why we built a bird table, to keep the food off the ground, away from Loki. We only get the wood pigeons though - the birds turn their beaks up at the offerings on the table. There's room enough for them too!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2009, 06:58 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
I'd love to see some photos if you get the chance. I saw two muntjac deer this afternoon, peering at me through the trees. I think that's what they were, anyway.
I did put a really short video up of the pine marten, but my photos were too dark unfortunately
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2009, 06:59 PM
Originally Posted by John Bull View Post
Look mate - this is a nice thread intended for nice people.

I suggest you take your pathetic views on wildlife elsewhere and leave other people to express their views on this thread without your warped views of Mother Nature.

OK beanbrain - if you want an argument on Nature`s treasures then PM me, I will take you to the cleaners, but don`t crap up a decent thread on this Forum. You are at my disposal chum, play ya cards, I`m waiting.

I wonder why on earth you are a member of this Forum in the first place.

Now stop it, leave this thread to the people who care and come and meet me face to face like a man.
John Bull
Whoop whoop....Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2009, 07:00 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
I did put a really short video up of the pine marten, but my photos were too dark unfortunately
Ah maybe you'll have more luck next time. Mind you, they never appear when you are there waiting ...
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

06-11-2009, 07:01 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
I feed birds, although they are quite picky around here and have turned their noses up at my lovely home made bird table
LS - If it was made of wood could I ask if you treated it with a wood preservative

I did this recently and it took a few weeks before the birds would land on it and eat the seeds, I don't think they liked the smell
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2009, 07:02 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
LS - If it was made of wood could I ask if you treated it with a wood preservative

I did this recently and it took a few weeks before the birds would land on it and eat the seeds, I don't think they liked the smell
Thanks Losos. Now I remember reading up on this and telling OH (no, I didn't build it myself but I 'advised') not to use it so I will ask what he used.
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2009, 07:04 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
Whoop whoop....Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!
funny, i was thinking jeremy kyle!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2009, 07:10 PM
I feed the birds and towards the end of the summer I was feeding a hedgehog (dog food )
I have seen a squirrel once in the garden, wish he would come back.
Even rats are Gods creatures although I am careful to put out just enough food that I think the other birds etc will eat straight away, so there is not a lot left lying around to encourage the rats.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

06-11-2009, 07:36 PM
What a nice loving person you are. A credit to the whole human race. Love to meet you in the bead of an LA85A2.

John Bull
Look mate - this is a nice thread intended for nice people.

I suggest you take your pathetic views on wildlife elsewhere and leave other people to express their views on this thread without your warped views of Mother Nature.

OK beanbrain - if you want an argument on Nature`s treasures then PM me, I will take you to the cleaners, but don`t crap up a decent thread on this Forum. You are at my disposal chum, play ya cards, I`m waiting.

I wonder why on earth you are a member of this Forum in the first place.

Now stop it, leave this thread to the people who care and come and meet me face to face like a man.
John Bull
Be warned that such threats are not welcome on this site - and all such conduct is archived for legal and other purposes if ever needed.

If you disagree with what a poster has said DO NOT get personal - feel free to have a mature discussion about what's been said but don't degenerate the thread into threats (veiled or otherwise), personal insults or other such deplorable behaviour.
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >