View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2007, 12:20 PM
The first day I brought my gwp home, my springer went for him and he screamed and screamed. No mark at all on him, he just got a shock. My older dogs are quite good at putting pups in their place, it's a steep learning curve for them but good in the long run as it teaches them to behave around other dogs.

Make sure you don't make too much of a fuss of the pup outside, otherwise he may think there is something to worry about. Jolly him along and he'll be fine, I'm sure.

Helen
ellea
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-09-2007, 07:21 PM
I agree with everone else older dog putting younger dog in its place,been there a few times and it is hard to let them get on with it. You know your older dog and you should know if its more then just a checking the pup is getting a gentle telling off should help but alway give the older one dog more T.L.C. then the pup like when you get home give tea/tipbits to the older first so he feel his nose is not out out of place. Even push pup out of the way to give older dog some TLC
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2