Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2008, 08:14 AM
Originally Posted by lrnhar@btintern View Post
Thanks for replies. Have just cleaned up another poop but thankfully a solid one this morning (sory tmi) I think I will persevere until he is off the medication. I did try my best to get him to go last night but he just wouldnt budge! Looking in to getting a harness anyway as he has problems with pulling and lead biting too! Can you recommend one for a big dog? Thanks again,
lorna
I use the halti harness (not the head collar) it attaches to their normal collar and has a calming effect as well. I used it initially with a double ended lead, one hook to the top, near their shoulders, and the other to the d ring on their chest. If you put pressure on the lead attached to their shoulders they go faster and if pressure is put on the one attached to their chest they slow down - something to do with natural instincts.

It is based on the tellington touch body wrap hold and definately has a calming effect. If i know visitors are going to come round and Tonks might be excited i put it on her 15 minutes before they arrive and she is much calmer by the time they arrive. They do them in all sizes and sell them in pets at home.
lrnhar@btintern
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-10-2008, 10:45 AM
Thanks will check that out, have a halti headcollar but he grabs at it with his paws and am a bit concerned he will grab his sore eye. Thanks, will let you know how it goes.

Lorna
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2