View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malpeki
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-03-2013, 10:16 AM

I don't like Crufts (split from Crufts Winners thread)

Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Well done to the wonderful Petit Basset Griffon Vendeen Jilly. a well deserved win.

I had my money on her or the lab, so was pleased they both got placed.
to be honest?
...and collecting loads of enemies on here

I do not like that crufts stuff at all!

as I think, they are fostering the breedings of defects at all!

sorry, but that's just how I'm thinking about!

as not the "allegedly beauty" is important, the health of our beloved dogs should stand in the foreground!
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2013, 10:27 AM
Originally Posted by Malpeki View Post
to be honest?

as not the "allegedly beauty" is important, the health of our beloved dogs should stand in the foreground!
if you dont like it then start another thread somewhere else. this isnt a negative thread, its about a winner. we dont want it turning into a negative "who hates crufts" thread either.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2013, 10:28 AM
I don't see it as much different to the Motor Show to be honest though since joining here it seems the winners DO influence what dogs become popular? Also only since joining here have I been made aware of all the controversy surrounding it and the ruckus last year.

I don't watch it and never have - only highlights or, like now, click to see the dog that won.

(I did used to like watching One Man and His Dog!)

I see the dog is from the Home Counties so a home win then?

I've never heard of the breed that won it. Cute dog.

My ex's aunt (adoptive mum) had Persian Cats for breeding showing. She had 18 of them living in her house! But she loved them all and groomed them all every day (usually indoors the air was thick with cat fur!) and it was her whole life. Slightly disabled in fact it was the ONLY thing in her life really. She managed to travel the country for the cats and just arranged her whole life around it all. I thought she was slightly nuts but I certainly couldn't see any harm in it.

(I like cats but bog standard moggies - not cats that can't wipe their own bums!)

Malpeki - can't you just view it as something for 'enthusiasts'? I don't see why EVERYTHING about dogs should be solely about their health. Not everything associated with kids is concerned solely with their health is it?

I mentioned the motor show - most enthusiasts will admire the best, most expensive cars and wish they could own one but never will. But it wouldn't be such a great event for them if all it was concerned with was road safety and fuel economy. People need stuff to look forward to and excite and thrill them a bit in their lives. About 90%+ of most people's lives consist of boring and humdrum routine. What's wrong with a little diversion.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-03-2013, 10:30 AM
to be honest?

Hi Malpeki you are entitled to your opinion just like everyone else but please don't tar every breeder or person who shows a dog at Crufts with the same brush .

Not all breeders in every breed are 'fostering the breeding of defects' on the contrary they do everything possible to maintain the integrity of their chosen breed .

Crufts is just one championship show of many but it is the one the general public have heard of and for the many good breeders the place where the best examples of a breed can be seen.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

11-03-2013, 10:35 AM
to be honest?

You are entitled to your opinion of cause , but lets not sully this congratulations thread with negativity , if you feel pure-breds are defected , start another thread.

Although, none were excluded in the vet check, so even the vets must have been happy with the group winners.
Malpeki
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-03-2013, 11:19 AM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Hi Malpeki you are entitled to your opinion just like everyone else but please don't tar every breeder or person who shows a dog at Crufts with the same brush .

Not all breeders in every breed are 'fostering the breeding of defects' on the contrary they do everything possible to maintain the integrity of their chosen breed .

Crufts is just one championship show of many but it is the one the general public have heard of and for the many good breeders the place where the best examples of a breed can be seen.
well, here you might be right and it could be, that I'm quite euphoroc about

but if we wouldn't have such kind of "showings"
"our dogs" wouldn't have to suffer for that

I just hope, that people were opened their eyes and were looking at, what's really going on, at those shows!

I'm really sorry and I know exactly, that with my statement, I will upset loads of peeps on here, but I just don't care about

as I'm just believing, not the "beauty" of any dog should count
the health of it is far more important!

once, years ago, I owned an "Old" GSD, what means, a long coated race of them, which not once is accepted of the FCI and he had a straight back, was healthy! never did suffer from HD!

maybe you missed that
http://dokumonster.de/sehen/7465-ped...isch-bbc-doku/

dogs are no accessiores, dogs are living beings!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran

11-03-2013, 11:22 AM

I just hope, that people were opened their eyes and were looking at, what's really going on, at those shows!

I'm really sorry and I know exactly, that with my statement, I will upset loads of peeps on here, but I just don't care about

once, years ago, I owned an "Old" GSD, what means, a long coated race of them, which not once is accepted of the FCI and he had a straight back, was healthy! never did suffer from HD!

maybe you missed that

No, did not miss that at all, and if you are forming your opinions on pedigree dogs purely on the basis of that programme, then you are sadly misinformed.

I take it you have been to many of those shows to be able to form an opinion on them ?
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2013, 11:25 AM

maybe you missed that

what about people that show whos dogs are healthy? and how on earth do the dogs suffer??

can you tell me, how my dogs look unhealthy or suffering in these photos?

Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2013, 11:33 AM
It isn't inherently cruel to show dogs, some dogs enjoy it immensely IMO. Not something I am interested in doing with mine but some people love it and if the dogs enjoy it too then no problem IMO
Meg
Supervisor

11-03-2013, 11:44 AM
Malpeki the two things are not mutually exclusive they go together.
Also you are preaching to the converted.

An 'unhealthy' dog will not look or behave as it should , it is the last thing any true lover of a breed would wish to see at a dog show or anywhere else. A good Judge would not reward it.

Of course there are bad breeders out there and some good ones too who do their best to ensure people can buy a healthy puppy that is a good example of their breed in every way .
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »