Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2011, 12:49 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
this thread has given me some great ideas to add some more bits added to their diet
I you dont have much freezer space (but do have a Morrisons near-by) but want a little variety morrisons do pig heart, liver, ribs, chicken livers, lamb heart, flank and liver..those are fairly cheap foods too they sometimes work out cheaper than value chicken wings etc
rueben
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-04-2011, 01:54 PM
Some well fed pooches on this site.Nice to see so many people feeding recognizable food to their dogs.My boxer gets 3/4lb ofchicken leg and a chicken back with fat skin and offal left on every morning.I rotate either- 1lb of minced beef with bone,-1lb of minced lamb with bone,-1lb of minced turkey with bone or 1lb minced green tripe in the evening.For any extras I throw in the occasional raw egg or pilchard and a little bit of fish oil and olive oil.I also mix some dry seaweed nettle and parsley with water or veg juice and put about 100mls. on the evening meal.I give a meaty beef neck bone to knaw on two or three times a week. I don't usually give treats only occasionally.I seems quite a bit compared to some but Ruby is exercised quite a lot each day.Ruby has done very well on this diet for some time now and keeps a constant fit and healthy 56lbs. in weight.She has good skin and coat condition which I feel confident it is due to her diet.She is 18 months old and no health problems upto date.Fingers crossed it stays that way.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3