View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-03-2012, 11:03 AM

Off to the vets later (update@ post 119)

Dillon seems to be uncomfortable on his back paw/leg.

Yesterday he got up on the sofa when I put his quilt on there off the floor while hoovering and he might of come down awkwardly as when he came to find me he seemed to be slightly limping. Within minutes he was back to his normal and his usually bouncy self so I decided to walk him. As far as I am aware and Gorden was with us yetsreday he didn't fall down any pot holes but I suppose it is possible as he does lag behind sometimes to have a sniff then run to catch us up. All seemed fine on our walk.

We noticed him limping again late last night he seemd fine when I came home from mums and Gorden had been with him all day and hadn't noticed anything wrong. He was limping this morning when we got up but not as badly as now. I haven't walked him today. It seems worse after resting and then when he has been on it for a while it eases he still has a limp but not so bad. He doesn' want to weight bear straight after getting up from resting.

He is eating fine bit more clingy than usual otherwise not much different but is resting more than usual.

So we are off to see Anita this evening please keep fingers crossed it is just a strain or a pulled muscle nothing broken, fractured or a torn ligament.

As you can imagine after all our problems with Ollie I am having to give myslf a good talking too that he has hurt himself and it can be remedied easily. Hopefully.
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2012, 11:04 AM
Hope its nothing serious....Daft Maggie broke her toe at that age!
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2012, 11:06 AM
bless him hope he's fine
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-03-2012, 11:08 AM
Originally Posted by Moli View Post
Hope its nothing serious....Daft Maggie broke her toe at that age!
Oh dear see thats what i'm wondering if he has done. I am also fearing has he torn his cruciate ?

Originally Posted by zoeyvonne View Post
bless him hope he's fine
Thank you.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2012, 11:20 AM
i hope its not his cruciate, but i suppose if it is its best its caught early.
good luck good vibes
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2012, 11:21 AM
It sounds very much like a sprain (fingers crossed that's all it is). As said, at his age, growing pains can't be ruled out either. Well done on getting him checked out at the vets - it always makes sense.
Anniebee
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-03-2012, 11:24 AM
Fingers crossed that it's something really simple Lynn x
Pysces
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-03-2012, 11:28 AM
Fingers crossed it's something simple!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2012, 11:33 AM
I'm sure it sounds like a strain Lynn, so don't go overly worrying until you've seen the vet, but of course, after what you've been through with Ollie it's understandable you're going to be paranoid about something like this, I would too!

I doubt very much he's broken anything, puppy's bones are very pliable at that age, and given a bit of rest I'm sure he'll bounce back. I do hope she can discover what's happened as it's so difficult with any lameness. Good luck and lots of positive vibes heading your way.xxxxxx
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-03-2012, 12:09 PM
Everything crossed that it is just a minor sprain and that the gorgeous Dillon is OK. xx
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »