Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2010, 06:46 PM

7 year old dog eating poo

In the past week or so I have caught Molly eating poo. She's 7.5 years old with no obvious health problems.

Not all the time, but she did it twice on this afternoon's walk alone - other dogs poo.

She doesn't always eat her own, but she has done once before I got the chance to pick it up.

Why could this be? Could she be lacking some sort of nutritional requirement?

She gets fed a balanced diet, but I have to really keep on top of her weight as she puts in on so easily.

She is wormed with Drontal around every three months.

Thanks for any info or ideas. Just about to Google!
lilyput
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-11-2010, 09:35 PM
My whippets eat poo Nic - their own and any others they can find. It's definitely a whippet "thing" as lots of others have the same problem with theirs. They know it's a bad thing to do as they are quick and sneaky about it!

My mins never do it, although they are paritial to horse, fox, deer etc!!

I hate it - it revolts me, but I haven't found a solution. I cannot see that it is anything to do with diet.

I think it's a blow for freedom!
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2010, 10:51 PM
Hamish is a 6 year old lab, and he eats poo, his, the others dogs, he doesn't care. He used to stand behind Charlie waiting! Urgh! Doesn't seem to have any bad effects on him, just stinky breath! I always have to remind myself not to let him lick me after he's done it though!

Will be interesting to see what you might uncover on Google, or what others say about it!
Jofelicia
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-11-2010, 10:32 AM
My big dog eats sheep poo and my little dog eats the cat poo out of the littler tray. He munches on it like its a prize choccy truffle!!
kellymcg
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-11-2010, 10:40 AM
that is so weird, my dog candy is 2 and she has never ate poo before yet the last couple days we've had lots of snow and yesterday i looked out the window and there was candy chomping on a frozen turd i couldn't believe it. she is a bc crossed with a whippet so do you think it could be the wippet in her?