View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dee Buzby
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-06-2008, 09:35 PM

My pup runs in a banana shape, is this normal!!

My 14 week old pup appears to have normal movement in every way-walking, trotting etc, except when he runs ("gallops") to greet us,then his whole body is curved like a banana! He is a shy, submissive pup and will roll over on his back at my husbands feet when he comes in, and I wonder if this "banana impression" is just a submissive mannerism or might he have a more serious problem? Any ideas? Thanks
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2008, 09:41 PM
Do you mean that his body bends to the side so his hips turn to meet his shoulder of do you mean that as he gallops his spine come up and his front and rear legs move closer together?
Dee Buzby
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-06-2008, 09:49 PM
Eeeerrrr...the former: his body bends to the side so his hips turn to meet his shoulder. His back doesn't move up and down.........
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2008, 09:53 PM
I suspect that this is what I would call squirming, part of a greeting and unless he does it every time he runs hard I would think it is normal and he is showing his delight at seeing you.
Dee Buzby
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-06-2008, 10:03 PM
Aaaah, nice! Thank you. My husband reckons he's just gay! Haha (how do I get a smiley icon?!)
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2008, 10:08 PM
Originally Posted by Pita View Post
I suspect that this is what I would call squirming, part of a greeting and unless he does it every time he runs hard I would think it is normal and he is showing his delight at seeing you.
Thank goodness for that...Bruce does it...and runs backwards...usually slamming into something
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2008, 10:10 PM
Ben does that too to big dogs
I always think its so he shows his friendly wagging tail and submissive face signals all at the same time
when he gets closer he slows right down and curves right round so head and tail are facing the same way 'look Im no threat at all!'
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2008, 10:12 PM
lol! Perfectly normal way of excitedly greeting his favourite people!
Dee Buzby
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-06-2008, 10:23 PM
Great! Good to know there as lots of them all doing the same...not just one, but a whole bunch of bananas! lol
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2008, 10:24 PM
Originally Posted by Dee Buzby View Post
Great! Good to know there as lots of them all doing the same...not just one, but a whole bunch of bananas! lol
Oh definitely, I greeted by a bunch of 3 when I come in from anywhere at my house!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >