Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2008, 08:03 PM

Easter Celebrations Ardingly, Agility show, our day

Well apart from the weather, which quite frankly couldn't have been much worse, we had a very good day, Jack was in 3 classes, he came 17th in the grade 1-2 jumping (out of about 185), 10th in the grade 1 agility (out of about 163) and then got 10 faults in grade 1-3 agility, we are so pleased with him, they were his first clear rounds, and to end up being placed was just an added bonus but I am so pleased to be home in the warm again

Right click, then click on open link

Jacks jumping round

Jacks agility round
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2008, 08:32 PM
Well done to you all, Christine. I gather that person grunting "Yeees" was you? I can imagine you punching the air!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2008, 08:36 PM
Glad you had a good day! Great videos! Jack looks like he thoroughly enjoyed himself! Well done on his placings!
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2008, 08:45 PM
Lovely runs there

The Jumping round, terrific crossing behind going on, fab positioning and timing, nicely done indeed

The agility run, if Chris can practice making a sound for Jack when Jack is going through the fabric of the tunnel to let him know his handler has changed sides it will stop him doing the turn when he comes out which was just down to Jack expecting to see Chris on the same side as when Jack entered the tunnel, but aside from that teeny nit-picky thing, another lovely well handled run

[ He`ll get a better start wait if he keep`s the cue a bit quieter and calmer too, and walks backward until ready to release, then Chris would`nt need to have quite so much of a stern-ish tone there ]

Very nicely done too on crossing behind at the Dog Walk, a lot of handlers have problems with it but Chris pulled it off no problem

What a difference from Chris`s first show vid, wonderful to see him handling with so much more confidence, it`s handlers like him who make it look easy so people seeing agility for the first time have no idea how much training and patience goes into it

And I really need to stop looking at agility vids with instructors head on, sorry
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2008, 08:56 PM
Some great tips there, Patch, I will certainly bear them in mind!
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2008, 09:23 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Well done to you all, Christine. I gather that person grunting "Yeees" was you? I can imagine you punching the air!
I wasn't shouting alone though, there were a couple of ladies from our training club as well, cheering them on

Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
Glad you had a good day! Great videos! Jack looks like he thoroughly enjoyed himself! Well done on his placings!
Thank you , Jack always enjoys agility, now if he could run round with a tennis ball in his mouth, that to him, would be about perfect

Originally Posted by Patch View Post
Lovely runs there

The Jumping round, terrific crossing behind going on, fab positioning and timing, nicely done indeed

The agility run, if Chris can practice making a sound for Jack when Jack is going through the fabric of the tunnel to let him know his handler has changed sides it will stop him doing the turn when he comes out which was just down to Jack expecting to see Chris on the same side as when Jack entered the tunnel, but aside from that teeny nit-picky thing, another lovely well handled run

[ He`ll get a better start wait if he keep`s the cue a bit quieter and calmer too, and walks backward until ready to release, then Chris would`nt need to have quite so much of a stern-ish tone there ]

Very nicely done too on crossing behind at the Dog Walk, a lot of handlers have problems with it but Chris pulled it off no problem

What a difference from Chris`s first show vid, wonderful to see him handling with so much more confidence, it`s handlers like him who make it look easy so people seeing agility for the first time have no idea how much training and patience goes into it

And I really need to stop looking at agility vids with instructors head on, sorry
Thanks Patch , Chris knows they still have a long way to go and a lot of the little things to put right, but as you said looking back at the vids of his first few rounds, there's a big improvement

The harshness at the start was because Jack has been a little so n so just lately at the starts, and I think Chris was just a bit concerned because they hadn't done the tyre for weeks at training and wanted to get up to that to make sure Jack went through it.

Since our last shows we have had a different teacher and she has done absolute wonders with Jack (and Chris), especially on the see-saw, she's had so much patience with him on it, she's had her arm round him supporting him, loads of titbits in the other hand, and big praise, untill that is, they realized Jack was having them on, and was infact fine with the see-saw he just wanted cuddles with Sue

Chris says thankyou very much for your compliments and input, he always takes advice on board and will always try something out, you just never know what will work for you
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

22-03-2008, 09:30 PM
Well done CHRIS and JACK. It is all coming together.

Christine I know you are proud of your two boys.
May I wish both of them the best of luck for the future.

Great vids and thanks for sharing.

Tell Chris I said Hi and well done.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2008, 09:32 PM
Well done Jack & Chris, that is something to be proud of
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2008, 09:42 PM
Originally Posted by lovezois View Post
Well done CHRIS and JACK. It is all coming together.

Christine I know you are proud of your two boys.
May I wish both of them the best of luck for the future.

Great vids and thanks for sharing.

Tell Chris I said Hi and well done.
Thanks Eunice I am proud of both of them, they have both had to overcome difficulties and have done so admiralbly

Originally Posted by Hali View Post
Well done Jack & Chris, that is something to be proud of
Thanks Fiona, I think they did brilliantly
AliceandDogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-03-2008, 11:08 PM
Loved watching your videos, you must be so proud Well done to them both!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >