Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2008, 04:59 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
I'm sorry about your predicament, but I have to say I'm a little bewildered that if this has happened before that you've continued to increase your pack and then breed?

considering it's happened before I'm struggling to understand why you've risked it by breeding your dog?
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
But surely you must've known how long the lease was for? If it was only a 12 month lease then I personally wouldn't of bred incase it wasn't renewed!
That wasn't a question, it implied Becky was acting irresponsibly.

Sorry Stormey I disagree. Who has the right to question Becky about why she bred her dogs, in the first place ?!

I can understand anyone who sympathises and wishes Becky well etc, but why question her at all ? Becky is a responsible person, which everyone here knows regarding her dogs, she wouldnt have done something irresponsible without thinking it through and not knowing what the future holds, could not have possibly forseen this predicament she's in now. If it was someone we didn't know, fair enough, but everyone here knows Becky and that's why it was uneccessary.

So, I disagree with the insensitive questioning in the first place, that is my perrogative !

I'm supportive of Becky Stormey, you are the only one arguing about a question that was unwarranted.

I'll leave it there before you decide to PM me about your grievances again !
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-02-2008, 05:09 PM
Malady it is only a few resonable questions in an adult manner, no one is questioning the type of owner, just the back ground of how she came to be in this horrible situation.
Becky doesn't seem to have any issues with the questions that have been asked, but it is a fact, that your have agreed when you own a number of dogs it makes it more difficult to find a place to rent.
The fact the pups are due just increases the difficulties becky is now facing.
It isn't a thread to debate what and why. It is a thread to help becky if possible or if nothing else show support, which i can't see any other member not doing in this thread.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-02-2008, 05:10 PM
So, let me get this right, we should avoid asking questions on subjects where you have concerns about what was posted? Wouldnt it be best to ask these questions in a polite way to clear up things?
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2008, 05:28 PM
In order to clear things up I have to say that I did take Rips and Stormey comments as an attempt to take the moral high ground and imply I was irresponsible I just chose not to argue that point and it didn't mean that I wouldn't answer the question and I did. People are entitled to believe what they want. Doesn't make them right :smt002
Be rest assured if I had been aware of what was going to happen then I simply wouldn't have mated Ellie. My landlord gave me no hint of what he intended to do, despite, it seems, knowing well in advance, and only contacted me on the day that I had to sign the notice giving me my two months.
It's not an ideal situation but it has happened, I haven't yet come across any property that has lease terms of longer than a year and they still all have the we can give you notice at any time clause in them anyway so basically makes the length of term you sign for irrelevant.
To be honest I don't think the pups would cope any less than the adults, after all if given the choice many bitches would move their pups around as frequently as they could, it's only us that makes them stay int he same place! I'm sure any pups would see any new 'dwelling' as just another 'den'.
I don't have any concerns over my dogs ability to cope just worried that I wont be able to watch Neighbours any more
Becky
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-02-2008, 05:36 PM
Just to make things clear, my post was defending a poster who I felt was getting unduly criticised, like I would for anyone. I will also say again as many who know her will not its not in her nature to score points or take the moral highground.

If I felt what you were doing was wrong I would have come out and said that, as you know I am not one to beat around the bush.

I am sure there is places online to watch neighbours.
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2008, 05:49 PM
Perhaps then you should have left the defending to the poster who was being critisised Stormey, as this thread is to support Becky not interrogate or make unneccessary assumptions !
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-02-2008, 05:54 PM
Lets just hope he allows you to stay until the pups are ready to leave.
Hopefully with a date he might be ok, would it make a big difference in time frame?
I am sure your dogs would be ok, but i still think it is hard work living in a tent for a long period of time with a number of dogs.
How do you get round them when your at work? Or keep them secure? I would be scared of some one taking my dogs when i am not there.
With a van they go where you go, and you could let them out for a tinkle at lunch etc.
Lets hope some thing comes up before it comes down to it.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-02-2008, 05:56 PM
Originally Posted by Malady View Post
Perhaps then you should have left the defending to the poster who was being critisised Stormey, as this thread is to support Becky not interrogate or make unneccessary assumptions !
Yes, which both her and I did But just because its a thread for supporting someone it shouldnt mean someone should be criticise for asking for something to be made clear when it concerns the welfare of dogs (which becky seem willing to do).

So now maybe instead of replying and making this go round in circles we should draw a line and get back to offering support.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-02-2008, 05:58 PM
Could you ask round some dog shows or events as I am sure there is probably some who have been in the same postion as you and may give some pointers on where to look
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-02-2008, 06:02 PM
Is there any sites for renting that state they allow dogs?
You know how you get holidays, where dogs are welcome, just wondered if there is any the same for renting on the net?
Closed Thread
Page 13 of 17 « First < 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 > Last »