Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2011, 05:18 PM
I have seen it a few times

One very well trained amazingly obedient submissive dog of a friend of mine (she is a puppy trainer for the guide dogs for the blind )
watched a dog stood at a crossing do it as I was driving past

tbh sometimes I dont think it really means that much at all, they feel the need to pee/mark and there is a vertical thing next to them and they forget themselves

I guess it could be marking or whatever if they were sniffing about and stuff before they peed, but the ones I have seen just cocked their leg, no sniffing, so to me it isnt marking
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2011, 05:23 PM
Generally IME these dogs view their owners as mobile food dispensers and transport..........
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2011, 05:36 PM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
I have seen it a few times

One very well trained amazingly obedient submissive dog of a friend of mine (she is a puppy trainer for the guide dogs for the blind )
watched a dog stood at a crossing do it as I was driving past

tbh sometimes I dont think it really means that much at all, they feel the need to pee/mark and there is a vertical thing next to them and they forget themselves

I guess it could be marking or whatever if they were sniffing about and stuff before they peed, but the ones I have seen just cocked their leg, no sniffing, so to me it isnt marking
Thanks, is a new one on me (or her i should say)
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Generally IME these dogs view their owners as mobile food dispensers and transport..........
Thanks, i won't know wether to tell her or not if she asks again.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2011, 05:38 PM
Does not mean I am right in this case though.......

The "anything that is vertical" works for me too, however I cannot even imagine any of my dogs doing this to me, they have however done it to one or two other people!
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2011, 05:51 PM
.... can be insecurity
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2011, 06:12 PM
Agree with SB, total disrespect. Is the dog entire (not neutered) - need to mark terriority perhaps

Was handling at a dog show once & dog was real cocky wee blighter, good for showing as he showed his socks off BUT when he thought no one was looking he would sidle up slyly, lift his leg & have a good wee. I swear that dog sniggered each time he did it.

Tried to do it to me in tbe ring but i stepped back or to one side. Said to his owner afterwards & very matter if factly she agreed & said he was "always doing it" - never thought to warn me before i agreed to handle. !!!

He was one of the cute fluffy kind who make you go "aah" to look at . Wicked sense of humour that dog!!!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2011, 07:13 AM
I personally wouldn't see that as a mark of disrespect (excuse the pun) I've seen dogs do that to complete strangers....personally I just think males mark when they are out, trees, benches, bins anything.
If a dog did that to me I'd just think I was unlucky that I was standing still, not that it was disrespecting me .

Don't think your friend should make to much of it to be honest, some people just feel the need to know I know, but its like kids, sometimes they just do stuff which leaves you scratching your head
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2011, 07:17 AM
Do dogs really have a cunning plan every time they mark? Are dogs really that bovvered? I doubt it. I would have thought the dog is doing it because no-one`s ever told him not to....
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2011, 07:23 AM
I knew a tibetan terrier who did this a lot. It weed up my leg twice when I wasn't looking and even cocked his leg up Cain once! Interesting dog, he used to try and climb on Cain's back all the time and the only dog I've ever seen Cain roll belly up to! Some people might say it's dominance but Cain absolutely loves him and they play so well and Cain isn't remotely intimidated by him.

They got him neutered a few months back and afaik all the making behaviour stopped. At least he hadn't peed on me since
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-03-2011, 08:14 AM
Thanks for all your replies and stories,(the dog is entire), hope he doesn't start a new craze
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >