Our sister sites
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2008, 09:41 AM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
Same in collies becky!

Obviously im worried about you & the pups, ....but what about the "internet"
You mean my access too? I'm working on that one if I'm homeless I may go on BTopenworld as we have loads of hotspots round here!
Thanks for everyones support you're a great bunch.
Becky
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-02-2008, 10:17 AM
I think some of these comments have been slightly unfair. Some people, are never likely to own their own home for one reason or another, so are those people then doomed to a life without a dog 'just in case' ? Piffle !!
Forgive me, but I dont see where anyone said people who rent should not own a dog/s. She seemed to me to raise a valid point with regards to the litter(not the older dogs), and being worried for the wellbeing of another members dogs isnt harsh. Becky answered these questions honestly and that should be that, I dont see why you are trying to start a disscusion about something that really was not said.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-02-2008, 10:17 AM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
You mean my access too? I'm working on that one if I'm homeless I may go on BTopenworld as we have loads of hotspots round here!
Thanks for everyones support you're a great bunch.
Becky
Nearly all Mcdonalds have wireless hotspots now.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2008, 10:29 AM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
Nearly all Mcdonalds have wireless hotspots now.
I know :smt002 so that's my evening meals and entertainment sorted out
Becky
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-02-2008, 10:34 AM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
I know :smt002 so that's my evening meals and entertainment sorted out
Becky
And starbucks or costa coffee(one of the two) offer it aswell.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2008, 10:38 AM
I checked it out on the map and there are loads round here so I shouldn't go without no matter what happens lol!
Becky
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2008, 11:01 AM
i wish u luck in finding a new home.
makes me feel lucky as we have a council property, have been a council tenant for over 30 yrs now.
my daughter is concidering renting, shes got a 4 yr old. im trying to put her off the idea. but shes stubborn. shes just dosent realise that she wont have the security of a council place (yep she wants to give that up)
i hope all turns out well for u.
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2008, 04:10 PM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
Forgive me, but I dont see where anyone said people who rent should not own a dog/s. She seemed to me to raise a valid point with regards to the litter(not the older dogs), and being worried for the wellbeing of another members dogs isnt harsh. Becky answered these questions honestly and that should be that, I dont see why you are trying to start a disscusion about something that really was not said.
So it's ok to potentially have to consider rehoming older dogs but not puppies !!!!! That makes sense !

There is no difference in whether someone has 5 or 10 dogs, its difficult to find a property that will accept a hamster these days, so whether Becky has 5 adults and 5 puppies is really irrelevant, she's potentially homeless with a 'Number' of dogs........ That was MY valid point !
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2008, 04:37 PM
I've still got a tent
Becky
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-02-2008, 04:40 PM
Originally Posted by Malady View Post
So it's ok to potentially have to consider rehoming older dogs but not puppies !!!!! That makes sense !

There is no difference in whether someone has 5 or 10 dogs, its difficult to find a property that will accept a hamster these days, so whether Becky has 5 adults and 5 puppies is really irrelevant, she's potentially homeless with a 'Number' of dogs........ That was MY valid point !
Please dont roll your eyes, most here have disscused things in an adult way, she asked a question, becky answered her concerns. Then you start going on about why shouldnt people have dogs who rent, which in itself is a fair question but not when its not been raised here, other than by you. I asked politely why you were starting this disscusion, you did not answer and started going on about it not mattering how many dogs she has.

I dont think anyone suggested rehoming, rarther moving is a stressful time and it is best to have stability and may cope less well than older dogs, older dogs that becky said have coped well.

Becky, is there anymore news on the house hunting?
Also I am sorry for this going slightly off-topic, its not helping you at this time.
Closed Thread
Page 12 of 17 « First < 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »