Our sister sites
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2008, 07:15 PM
hi, just caught up with this!

(((hugs))) to you becky - such a strong person

rips - quite hatsh tbh - you cant live your life saying "what if"

what if i loose my job tomorow? who pays for my horse - does that mean i should sell him now "just in case?"

good luck becky - im sure something will come up- mabey a caravan ona site would be a good idea? no more renting?

or even a campervan?

what will you do with the dogs when you go to work ifyour in a tent??
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2008, 07:40 PM
Originally Posted by leo View Post
I would think living in a tent with the dogs and pups will be hard work.
Is there anyone who could help you with the dogs and pups, untill you can find some where?

What about the stud dog owner helping by looking after mum and pups?
Good luck in your search.
I spent the summer of 06 in a tent and 'housetraining' Wilson was a doddle! In the end he just snuck out under the flap to go to the loo (there was an enclosure outside so he couldn't run off!)
As for the stud dog owner that's me lol! I'm going to wait until the pups are born then ask my landlord if I can stay longer because then I will know when the pups go to their new homes and can give a date.
Becky
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-02-2008, 07:42 PM
A camper van could be a good idea, it would be better accomodation for you and the dogs than a tent, more sturdy and secure.

Suze i don't think rip is harsh at all, she has only asked a question, if anyone is is rented accomodation and generally landlords only allow a couple of dogs, if you find one which allows more and get more then you have to consider the risk your taking. No one knows what will happen in the future but at the same time you have to take everything into account or what may happen.You are taking on a dog for a good few years and you are doing it knowing this fact.

which i'm sure becky is aware of the difficulties she currently faces.

Becky i hope you find a solution so you can keep all your dogs and yourself safe.
I have noticed that my question about the stud dog owner isn't an option for you.

Have you got homes lined up for them? Just thinking ahead, i hope no one lets you down.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-02-2008, 07:50 PM
suze, I dont think she was being harsh, she was just worried about another members dogs, I sure becky understands this.

I hope something does come up, in my expeirience things do in the most unlikely of places and at the most unlikely of times.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2008, 08:00 PM
Originally Posted by leo View Post
Have you got homes lined up for them? Just thinking ahead, i hope no one lets you down.
Yes have had 5 on my list confirm and I doubt she'll even have five, 3 are agility homes and one is a grooming home with a friend but again it's down to sex and colour lol!
Becky
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-02-2008, 08:04 PM
What the tan bits??????
Well good luck, i hope you can sort it all out.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2008, 08:22 PM
No not just that some want blacks some want browns and I have no idea what is going to be produced so not sure if I can fulfil but we'll see!
Becky
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2008, 08:27 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Yes have had 5 on my list confirm and I doubt she'll even have five, 3 are agility homes and one is a grooming home with a friend but again it's down to sex and colour lol!
Becky
I can understand people wanting a specific sex, but never a specific colour!! and would reject a pup because of it. A Poodle is a Poodle is a Poodle!!
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2008, 08:43 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
I can understand people wanting a specific sex, but never a specific colour!! and would reject a pup because of it. A Poodle is a Poodle is a Poodle!!
I agree but you'd be surprised, some people don't accept any colour but black as a poodle! However, most people already have poodles and want one of a different colour!
Becky
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2008, 12:42 AM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
But surely you must've known how long the lease was for? If it was only a 12 month lease then I personally wouldn't of bred incase it wasn't renewed!
With all the leases I have had, they arn't renewed they just turn into a rolling contract after the first 6 months...At anytime after that a landlord can give you just two months notice that you must leave at anytime...It's what makes renting a real b*tch.

Also many landlords are not honest about exactly how long the lease is intended to be open for...The place we lived before this one said long term and we were asked to leave after 4 months! [because of his own personal circumstances] This place we were told was going to definitely be longer than 2 years and guess what 18 months in and we are asked to leave another place and the response we got when we complained about that time frame was that they thought just 6 months was long term! [Are they taking the p*ss?] When we took this place they new we had only made it to 5 months [by the time we left] in the previous place and we couldn't have made it more clear that this place must be for at least 2yrs plus as we did not want to have to move again so soon - well hey, here we are now! If people want a person in and paying rent as soon as possible they tell you what they want at the time and there is nothing you can do about it. Two months is all they owe you by law. I can't stand the landlords that we have had.

Realistically we shouldn't have our two dogs because we rent but I know they are as secure with us than they would be with any home owner - my dogs are my world.
Closed Thread
Page 10 of 17 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »