Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MyDogz
New Member!
Female 

04-09-2013, 11:03 PM

When is it best to buy a new puppy?

Well my dog Layla ran away about 2 months ago ( no signs of her) and i was wondering if it is ok to get a new dog. No one will ever replace her but i have been heartbroken about it So i think it might be time to buy another puppy. What do you think?
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2013, 07:56 AM
Sorry about Layla
I don't think anyone can tell you when the time is right except you.I notice you have two other dogs so well aware of the responsibility and long term commitment.You obviously had the time,energy and finances to keep three,when Layla was with you as well so the decision I think is entirely yours
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2013, 07:58 AM
Bear in mind that people's 'lost dogs' have been known to be found or even return home on their own after much longer periods than a couple of months, so yours might be reunited with you yet (hopefully). Are you prepared for 4 dogs if that should happen and you've taken on another one in the meantime?
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2013, 08:49 AM
There is no correct answer to this other than be prepared as has been said to eventually have 4 dogs as Layla may still come home. She may if she does return need a lot more time than before too to get her back to her usual self. So you must just have that in mind when you make a decision.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-09-2013, 10:24 AM
Originally Posted by MyDogz View Post
Well my dog Layla ran away about 2 months ago ( no signs of her) and i was wondering if it is ok to get a new dog. No one will ever replace her but i have been heartbroken about it So i think it might be time to buy another puppy. What do you think?
I do not think I have seen you post before about Layla running away, although I could possibly have missed it if you did, but what breed and age was she? Spayed or entire? And how come she ran away. Are you sure she was not stolen for breeding or, heaven forfend, as a training dog for dog fighters?

Was she the sort of wanted breed that was stolen or did you just lose her while out with her? Also, was she microchipped and wearing a collar with a detailed tag?

I know two months seems forever and that you would no doubt want closure on her loss, but I honestly cannot say whether I think you should, or should not, buy a new puppy now.

Only you will know if it is time and whether you should.

I wish you luck in whatever you decide, but more than anything I hope that Layla is OK, wherever she might be.
jantet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-09-2013, 10:38 AM
Don't you have a very old chihuahua? I would have thought it better to let her live out her days without being pestered by a puppy.

Only you can decide what is the right thing to do, but my advice is to concentrate on giving the animals you already have as good a life as possible, and try every way you can think of to trace your missing dog.
MyDogz
New Member!
Female 

06-09-2013, 01:23 AM
ok thanks everyone you guys have been a big help
MyDogz
New Member!
Female 

06-09-2013, 01:24 AM
(Trying to close thread) I got all the answers I need. so could someone tell me how to do that.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-09-2013, 07:47 AM
Originally Posted by MyDogz View Post
(Trying to close thread) I got all the answers I need. so could someone tell me how to do that.
You cant !!

ONLY ADMIN CAN .
BlueJay
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2013, 08:16 AM
Surely theres no need to close a thread like this (that is still civil of course lol!)
It is a discussion forum after all
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >