View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Chloe
Dogsey Senior

14-05-2004, 04:12 PM

:(

My friend (who bred Phoebe) texted today to say that Phoebe's mum (Mags) has died. She was spayed yesterday and was fine after the op but died in the night. She was only 3 My friend is devastated - Mags was spayed because my friend and her hubby split and Mags went to live with her other friend - and thats the only reason she was spayed. She feels so guilty

Now I am worried about getting Phoebe done. Only 3 Tragic.

Sleep well Mags x
moo
Dogsey Senior

14-05-2004, 04:15 PM
So sorry Chloe
Barbara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2004, 04:43 PM
Chloe, I'm so sorry to hear that

Was it the vets fault? What does the vet have to say?
Chloe
Dogsey Senior

14-05-2004, 05:15 PM
We don't know. There will be an autopsy to see what happened Its tragic, she was a lovely bitch aswell. I'm gutted for my friend.
Anonymous
Dogsey Junior

14-05-2004, 05:17 PM
That's bad news. As you know I've been in that same situation of unexpected post-spaying death, so I understand the guilt your friend will be feeling. Send her my sympathies.
Chloe
Dogsey Senior

14-05-2004, 05:20 PM
I will JG. Its a worry re Phoebe, I have to say. Am plagued with thoughts of coming downstairs and finding her dead if I have her spayed
liberty
Dogsey Senior

14-05-2004, 05:49 PM
Chloe, so sorry to hear about Mags

liberty
candie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2004, 05:59 PM
I'm really sorry to hear about that!One of my Daisy's pups was neutered last year and they didn't tie off the main artery properly and he nearly bled to death, it was only that his owner got up to get a drink in the night and noticed that the red sofa looked wet, he was bleeding to death!In spite of this the vet said he must have haemophilia, so i demanded he test him for it and he backed down and admitted the mistake, but still had the cheek for restitching him and giving him a blood transfusion!I'm going to have my new pup Buddy neutered but am worried already
Kirsty
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-05-2004, 06:41 PM
I'm so so very sorry... thats awful... and at 3 years old... i know they say there is a risk with any op, but that sounds bad... i hope you find out why it happened.

Thoughts go out to your friend whop must be feeling really bad.
Barbara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2004, 06:52 PM
I'm going to be paranoid too Chloe Terrible.

One of my friends had her rottweiler fixed, and the stitches opened up, the dogs intestines fell on the floor. Luckily she rushed the dog to the vet and they restitched her. Apparently the dog had chewed her stitches open. That's what the vet said anyway...
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >