View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2012, 09:36 AM
Thanks everybody, so heartbreaking, and you all seem to know just how I'm feeling here.

Just had a long chat with the vet I want, and although he's more than happy to come to ours, he said it would be like lifting a 60 stone person out of a small flat, it's just so impractical unfortunately. So, I've booked him for 11.40, have to get there by 11.30, we will have the place to ourselves he won't take any more appointments for after ours, I can stay with him for as long as I want, and stay with him the whole time.

He said he could sedate him out in the car, but I said Georgie is always happy to walk into the surgery, he loves the vets, so we both thought it best that I just take him in as I normally would do

He'll be getting his favourite food in the car, I'll get there a lot earlier and sit with him for a while and say my goodbyes, because in all honestly, I don't think I'll be able to tell him all the things I want to say whilst the vet is there. I suppose I'd better pay beforehand too, coz that'll be a nightmare won't it afterwards.

The funny thing is, Dave said, he walked out into the garden fine this morning, but then he said that about Cassie, he never saw her for the rest of the day either, whereas I DO, and I KNOW! I'm doing the right thing by Georgie, of that I have no doubts now.

Thanks again everyone, no doubt you'll be hearing from me by tomorrow afternoon, but maybe you won't, but I'm sure you'll understand.xxxx
Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-02-2012, 09:40 AM
Huge hugs H, I think most of us on here will be sheding a tear or 10 for georgieboy, I know I will.

Give a big cuddle to your boy for me xxxx
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2012, 09:44 AM
Oh H, I will be thinking of you all day... It is amazing that you are doing this for Georgie, and you are putting his needs before you own. I have never had to make a decision like this, but I dread the day I need to. He has had a wonderful life with you, and he couldn't have asked for more... It is terribly sad that it is his time, but you are letting him go with dignity and for that, he will be forever thankful.

(((hugs)))
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2012, 09:45 AM
Originally Posted by Pawsonboard View Post
Huge hugs H, I think most of us on here will be sheding a tear or 10 for georgieboy, I know I will.

Give a big cuddle to your boy for me xxxx
I will too, he has always been a favourite of mine on here...
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2012, 09:52 AM
Hugs for you and Georgie, H. I will be be thinking of you both today. xx
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2012, 10:04 AM
The biggest of hugs for you all. Helena, Georgie takes a lot of love with him on his trip to the vets - not only from the two of you, but from his many, many friends on here too.

Go peacefully big lad and take our love with you xx
Angie1966
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-02-2012, 10:19 AM
Like many others my thoughts will be with you all day today. Dig as deep as you can for all the courage you can find, there are many of us willing and waiting for you to lean on once Georgie is at peace.
I am already in pieces knowing what the day has in store for you. Most of us have been in your position (some of us many times), it doesn't get any easier. Love to you all x
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2012, 10:45 AM
Oh Helena.

I havent been on Dogsey for so long, but hearing of Georgie, and seeing his pics have always made me smile, and think of my now departed friends.

I just want to say, you Georgie, Dave and Zena are in my thoughts. If there is anything that anyone on Dogsey can do, then I am sure we will all do what we can.

Sending Gentle hugs and snuffles from me and my lot

Be good Georgie xx
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2012, 10:46 AM
Thinking of you and Georgie today H ... This is the saddest part of having them in our lives, being brave enough and loving them enough to know, they need to be set free....
Georgie boy was always one of my favourite Dogsey dogs and I think you have done wonders with him H, given him a real taste of love and care. I doubt he would have wanted to stay so long, if you hadn't been there for him.
You take your time, think of him free and running with Cassie, together again. I am sure Zena will lick your tears and comfort you. (((Hugs))) H, wish I could give them to you in person xxx
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2012, 10:53 AM
Thinking of you all today H, we will all feel your loss and Sorry, Georgie is, as others have said, a favourite here on Dogsey and we will all miss him.

Words of comfort are not really adequate at this time, but, hopefully, in time, you will be able to read the thread again and absorb all the love we feel for you and your darling boy xx
Page 7 of 31 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 > Last »