Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2024, 06:04 AM

Wednesday 24th April 2024

Morning all. Chris I know that feeling well. Hasn't happened for a long time but yep filling buckets not a good thing. Hope you get sorted soon. Kazz take it easy or you will put your aches back. My day has started early today with listening to farming today and they were talking about the amount of deer we have here in the UK. Over two million spread over the country and the deer stripping trees. I am worried that they will start to cull just like they have with badgers. Soon they will start to say they are both an endangered species. The favourite word that the presenters kept using was strategy. Anyway here is another line from a Disney film: Life's full of tough choices, isn't it? Quite appropriate really. Have a good day everyone.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2024, 08:09 AM
Goo morning Brenda. Hope you have a good day and a nice walk whilst it is sunny.

MNo idea of today's film.

Take it easy Kazz or you will end up hurt again.

Lovely here this morning. Teazle walked, lunches for the girls and Ben for tomorrow done too. Now having a rest as I think I deserve it after two days with Sarah who is non stop chat even though she said she couldn't talk because of her sore throat She is back at school today. They are back to spend the night again today so another early morning tomorrow. School run this afternoon though

Take care everyone
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2024, 09:01 AM
Here's a clue, they can get in a flap.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2024, 02:13 PM
Good afternoon all

Cold again today and fortunately we'd hit the half way point on our run out when the rain hit hard. We had some shelter for us, Ted and the scooters thank heavens until it passed. Believe it or not, there were flakes of snow in amongst the rain. Errr, it is the end of April so I've had a word with Him upstairs and told him to get his act together

Toilet now fixed - yay!!

Eye laser tomorrow afternoon. Can't wait to get it over with and hopefully be able to see better again
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-04-2024, 03:21 PM
Good afternoon everyone.
Feeling a lot better today after a much better night sleep. Cough woke me up at 5 not 3 am.
Cold a lot better and the cough is getting better too.
Work on the conservatory/extension and extension in as much as it will have stud walls either side and plastered inside and cladding outside with an all year round glass roof, blue tinted and self clean and french doors.
They will start on the 1st of July. They wanted to start on 24th of June but we come back that day from our holiday with Mark, Lauren and Freya.
I will need a week to get the washing sorted.

brenda I hope you had a good walk.
Sue you are sounding very busy again.
Kazz you also and as the others have said mind your sciatica.
Chris what a nightmare with the cistern.
griff hope your ok.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2024, 04:26 PM
Little Mermaid.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2024, 04:35 PM
Good afternoon all

The kitchen is sorted ceiling done all cupboards reassembled, things moved and things disposed either charty or bin, really chuffed. Just the floor to redor tomorrow have decided to sit down now.

The meal was cancelled as Burt had a dicky tummy and Suzie had an appointment with the nurse changed to today from tomorrow. So meal all being well tomorrow hence why I got finished I think.

Brenda No idea on the film disney is not really my thing, however get in a flap leads me to the Aristocats. I think I am wrong. I spoke to my brother today and he also listened to a story about deers in the UK.

Sue Glad they are all back at school, has your lad not sorted out parking closer to home yet? Hope you enjoyed your rest, yes you do def deserve it. What will they do when you go away move into yours for the time so they can get to the station etc?

Chris Wash your mouth out SNOW. Glad the loo is sorted and best of luck for tomorrow it will all be really good for you.

Lynn Wow thats good 1st of July how long do they estmate it will take? Glad you feel better and shake the rest of it off when does someone come to view the van did you say? Also any news on the car repair saga.

Griff Hope you have had as nice aday as I have maybe not workwise ie cleaning like a charwoman LOL but a good productive day.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2024, 04:36 PM
Brenda see I spent so long writing the post I missed the answer ignore what I said about Aristocats LOL
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-04-2024, 04:53 PM
I think about 2 to 3 weeks Kazz for the extension.
Person messaged the day before to say he wasn't coming after all. So van still for sale.
Car saga it goes back to the mechanic tomorrow we are hoping just calibration, it's driveable after pulling the fuse just can't use the 4x4 for now.
Mechanic did do the calibration by turning the front wheels but sometimes they need a special tool/machine on them to calibrate.
He has it for the week while we are at Pam's.
Still have everything crossed it isn't the rear differential.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2024, 05:06 PM
Hopefully not the rear differential I have no idea what that is but sounds expensive.
Well the good news about the van is its coming up to Summer and lots of people will be looking I suspect, fighting their way to your door. Such a shame though it did not go as planned.

Did you make a descision about the letter to the vets?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >