Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lovemybull
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-11-2014, 11:54 PM

The Vacuum Monster

Every dog treats the vacuum cleaner in a different way. When we first got Callie he saw it as something that needed to be chased and subdued. Sophie fears it even unplugged. If it's in the corner of a room she walks a wide circle. If I plug it in or even touch it she runs out of the room.

Tonight it was long time to clean my daughter's carpet. Callie was laying on the floor as I plugged in the vacuum. Now he seems to realize I'm using it for something and I have it under control. But he followed it every step of the way..." OKAY, I have my eye on you! Don't try anything funny or you answer to me. Rahhh you stay away from my Mommy's feet or I'll take your hose off grrrrrrr".

Sophie is still trembling on the couch. Very different personalities.
Jakesmummy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-11-2014, 10:22 AM
Lol oh yes my boy try's to kill it every time I pick it up. I now have to put him in his bed or I'd never get done.for him it's a noises play toy
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2014, 12:02 PM
Rosie hates the evil Hoover and attacks it, I have to put her outside or in the kitchen when I use it downstairs, I tried to make her stay in her bed but to no avail.
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-11-2014, 02:14 PM
My cousins old GSD would go loopy and viciiously attack the hoover if anyone so much as looked at it!

my boy eyes it with suspicion and will stand in the way until you touch his foot with it then he will take a step away but not far till yuo have to touch him again. Hes more concerned about the cable? He will avoid crossing it at all costs even when it is flat on the floor and if you call him to you he will make a wild dash and leap across it

Odd bod
Wolfwitch
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-11-2014, 02:22 PM
When I get my next dog, I'm going to try and get it to make friends with the hoover, purely to see if it can be done and because I tend to prefer the double-layered coats type of dogs so being able to hoover the dog and it enjoying it would be so amazing I might be setting myself up for failure but I have tons of patience and time and not above using bribes
lovemybull
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-11-2014, 07:22 PM
An interesting comparison though is a back massager I use quite often for painful knee and ankle. Callie ADORES it. He will lay there for as long as anybody wants to rub him with it.

Sophie will hear it buzzing and go wild eyed looking for a place to hide. Even the sound of an electric toothbrush and she all but pees herself...chicken dog.
Charmy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-11-2014, 02:56 PM
Our old staffy hated the hoover and would bark and growl at it quite scarily. Which made no sense to me as we had him from 8 weeks and he never had a bad hoover related event... Just loathed it on sight.

Our mini bull, same age as him - loved the hoover. She loved being hoovered as well. I'd hoover her in front of the staffy to prove to him it was harmless, but he was having none of it...
Aaleigha
New Member!
Female 

10-11-2014, 03:11 PM
most of mind dont mind it

but Eris (ex street dog from Romania) wants to KILL it but only when its with me - if DH vacuums or I leave it on in the corner of the room he ignores it - he obviously doesnt want me to be eaten by the monster
the russian toy terrier and the daxi run and play with it jumping on it and yapping at it

now hands up who thinks I should let Dh vacuum so I dont stress Eris as he thinks it will eat me
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-11-2014, 03:53 PM
Vacuum cleaner, electric carpet sweeper, brooms - all made for Pereg to dance around and get in my way.

As for the floor mop...
Jakesmummy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-11-2014, 04:13 PM
Oh yes DH must Hoover from now on can't have your fur baby upset lol
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >