Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jakesmummy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-11-2014, 04:16 PM
That's a very good point wolf.
I ink some ppl forget here dogs and not replacement children.
chlosmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-11-2014, 12:15 PM
Originally Posted by Bevm View Post
ben has been taught to sit and watch me when other dogs walk past as he can have issues but usuaslly on lead which although he still should have been muzzled it was more unexpected.He was attacked by a collie about a month ago a his eye was bitten. He was on lead and we have had an on going problem with this collie and another dog charging down the road off lead at Ben barking and having a go .The owners of these dog have no control over them and we have asked the owners on numerous occasions to put them on lead so although this is no excuse I don't think has helped and since being bitten we have since a trouble getting him to sit and watch us.
Have you considered enrolling Ben on a Police Dog Basic Obedience Training Course? My two have recently started one with a qualified police dog trainer and handler and I'm really pleased with the progress they've made. By the nature of their work a police dog has to ignore any outside distractions and focus all its attention on the handler, which is what the course is designed to do. Training is very different from the normal obedience classes most people go to. No harnesses, no treats or clickers are used and conversations between dog and handler (owner) are limited to commands and the dog is rewarded either with a short play session or (like mine) affection. Neither of my dogs are aggressive to dogs or people but because I've recently had two operations on my leg and now have to walk with a stick I need them to be totally obedient when we're out in public.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2