Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Timber-
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-03-2013, 01:16 AM

A Formal Introduction (long story)

I'm relatively still new here so I thought i'd share my boys with you guys.

This is my boy Hank. He's going to be 7 in April and I got him when he was 2 years old. I believe he was neglected as he grew up because he's very fearful of a lot of things and new people. He's also got some orthopedic problems with his front legs. He was looking for a home and I knew it would be very hard to find a home for him, so I took him in.

This is my boy Tynan. I know he doesn't look it but his mom is a Saint Bernard and his dad is a yellow lab. While he got most of the physical lab genes, he has a lot of characteristics of a Saint Bernard too. He's protective of his family, only when warranted. He's not a fighter in the least but makes it well known he doesn't like his family to be bothered by rude dogs or whatever animals are lurking in the dark (we live on a farm in a rural area), usually by body blocking. He is my heart dog and my shadow. He is 3 years old. His nick name is Whistle Pig because he likes to whine a lot. It's his language, very different than the norm with the incredible ranges he can get too.

This is my boy Timber. We suspect he's an Anatolian Shepherd cross. I got him when he was approx. 4 months old. He was dumped out of a car way up north. He probably wouldn't have survived the night since all the bears and wolves were gorging themselves for the winter. Thankfully he was dumped on the same road as the woman who runs the rescue I volunteer for. As soon as they were able to catch him, she knew he would be mine. Needless to say I failed at fostering him. He is now 2 years old. He is also my heart dog and my shadow. He is a very stable dog but you don't want other dogs to mess with him. He is very strong and surprisingly agile. His nick name is Teddy Bear Dog.

This is my boy Dallas. He is a Great Dane/Saint Bernard cross. He is 3 years old. I got him from a rescue down in the States. I suspect he wasn't raised all that well because he was a very nervous dog when he came here, especially with meeting new people. He is still afraid of children and will make it obvious he is uncomfortable. I find it odd because he lived with a little boy. Who knows what happened to Dallas. Now he loves meeting new people. His nick name is Grumble Pig because the louder he grumbles while being petted, the happier he is. He has a weird way of communicating, eventually we got used to his language. He is also my heart dog and my shadow.

This is my boy Lincoln. He's a Great Pyrenees/Bernese Mountain Dog cross. He's my husbands dog, he had him from before we met. I love him, but totally not my kind of dog. He's good as gold for the right person (my husband), but not biddable enough for me. His nick name is Muppet dog because of his crazy fur. He is 4 years old.

And last but not least my little man Peluche. I got him last year at 14 years old. His ridiculous owners had the audacity to leave him outside 24-7 all year round. He's a small dog, not even 20lbs living in the cold of winter and the excessive humidity in the summer. He's 15 now and still has a lot of life and pep. I think he's still be around for a while. Peluche means teddy bear in Spanish since he looks like one.

Sorry about the long post. Turned out much longer than I thought.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2013, 07:04 AM
Welcome to the forum Timber, you have a lovely pack of dogs, I would be hard pressed to say who appealed to me the most, they are all gorgeous!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2013, 07:16 AM
Well I certainly picked the right thread to start my day off well! Wow! To your super dogs and your location and your heart of gold. Looking at little Peluche, kept outside all his life and now has his own leather armchair! I am beaming.

So many good photos here. Love that pic of tynan peeking out behind the tree and Timber 'spreadeagled'.

Welcome to the forum. Look forward to hearing from you and seeing more pics of your dog family.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

19-03-2013, 08:52 AM
What gorgeous dogs and hat off to you! You have a big heart. They all look so happy.

Lovely photos of them all, bless.

Thanks for sharing.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-03-2013, 09:14 AM
Originally Posted by Brandykins View Post
What gorgeous dogs and hat off to you! You have a big heart. They all look so happy.

Lovely photos of them all, bless.

Thanks for sharing.
Ditto, lovely dogs and well done, and welcome !!
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2013, 09:15 AM
Gorgeous all of them and bless your heart what a great life you're giving them, little peluchi had a long wait to find a bit of love but he is gonna live out his days in style x x
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2013, 10:06 AM
Originally Posted by Timber- View Post
I'm relatively still new here so I thought i'd share my boys with you guys.

This is my boy Hank. He's going to be 7 in April and I got him when he was 2 years old. I believe he was neglected as he grew up because he's very fearful of a lot of things and new people. He's also got some orthopedic problems with his front legs. He was looking for a home and I knew it would be very hard to find a home for him, so I took him in.

This is my boy Tynan. I know he doesn't look it but his mom is a Saint Bernard and his dad is a yellow lab. While he got most of the physical lab genes, he has a lot of characteristics of a Saint Bernard too. He's protective of his family, only when warranted. He's not a fighter in the least but makes it well known he doesn't like his family to be bothered by rude dogs or whatever animals are lurking in the dark (we live on a farm in a rural area), usually by body blocking. He is my heart dog and my shadow. He is 3 years old. His nick name is Whistle Pig because he likes to whine a lot. It's his language, very different than the norm with the incredible ranges he can get too.

This is my boy Timber. We suspect he's an Anatolian Shepherd cross. I got him when he was approx. 4 months old. He was dumped out of a car way up north. He probably wouldn't have survived the night since all the bears and wolves were gorging themselves for the winter. Thankfully he was dumped on the same road as the woman who runs the rescue I volunteer for. As soon as they were able to catch him, she knew he would be mine. Needless to say I failed at fostering him. He is now 2 years old. He is also my heart dog and my shadow. He is a very stable dog but you don't want other dogs to mess with him. He is very strong and surprisingly agile. His nick name is Teddy Bear Dog.

This is my boy Dallas. He is a Great Dane/Saint Bernard cross. He is 3 years old. I got him from a rescue down in the States. I suspect he wasn't raised all that well because he was a very nervous dog when he came here, especially with meeting new people. He is still afraid of children and will make it obvious he is uncomfortable. I find it odd because he lived with a little boy. Who knows what happened to Dallas. Now he loves meeting new people. His nick name is Grumble Pig because the louder he grumbles while being petted, the happier he is. He has a weird way of communicating, eventually we got used to his language. He is also my heart dog and my shadow.

This is my boy Lincoln. He's a Great Pyrenees/Bernese Mountain Dog cross. He's my husbands dog, he had him from before we met. I love him, but totally not my kind of dog. He's good as gold for the right person (my husband), but not biddable enough for me. His nick name is Muppet dog because of his crazy fur. He is 4 years old.

And last but not least my little man Peluche. I got him last year at 14 years old. His ridiculous owners had the audacity to leave him outside 24-7 all year round. He's a small dog, not even 20lbs living in the cold of winter and the excessive humidity in the summer. He's 15 now and still has a lot of life and pep. I think he's still be around for a while. Peluche means teddy bear in Spanish since he looks like one.

Sorry about the long post. Turned out much longer than I thought.
Hi You are amazing,I have always wanted to take in all the strays,but have had restraints from family members but well done crystalgirl
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2013, 03:17 PM
Hi and welcome Timber I adore your dogs, each and every one of them . Stunning photos and we never get sick of looking at other members dog photos.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-03-2013, 07:10 PM
A doggy family to be proud of Timber they are all lovely dogs and no doubt full of character

I enjoyed meeting them all thank you......
Baxter8
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-03-2013, 07:40 PM
What a beautiful pack of dogs - i found it difficult to choose one but having looked again I've opted for Tynan. He is beautiful.

How do you get them to live together peacefully - I would love to have another dog but am so worried my dog wouldn't take to another one.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >