Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2012, 05:07 PM
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Yes I remember those fab pics - and the weather !

The last one is the sort of thing I mean in that the A82 can be cleared but the Etive road would be left like the field.

Most years though you're fine with a proper 4X4 so you'd be OK.

Apart from where there's an avalanche of course
Thanks for the info Phil - more food for thought, and to take into consideration
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2012, 08:10 PM
Wow, that snow!

I must admit, I would/have only ever planned a holiday in the Highlands from April - September because of visions of weather like that! But you could probably make enough money from holiday lettings just from the high season to tide things over for the full year...and I guess your high season peak prices would take that into consideration so any winter bookings are a bonus, I wouldn't worry too much .
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2012, 10:50 PM
Originally Posted by akitagirl View Post
Wow, that snow!

I must admit, I would/have only ever planned a holiday in the Highlands from April - September because of visions of weather like that! But you could probably make enough money from holiday lettings just from the high season to tide things over for the full year...and I guess your high season peak prices would take that into consideration so any winter bookings are a bonus, I wouldn't worry too much .
Noooooo skiers and snowboarders are always looking for reasonably priced accomodation and this place is right next to Glencoe ski resort! I already have 12 people wanting to use it over the winter season should Moobli buy it
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2012, 07:25 AM
Originally Posted by akitagirl View Post
Wow, that snow!

Originally Posted by Jet&Copper View Post
Noooooo skiers and snowboarders are always looking for reasonably priced accomodation and this place is right next to Glencoe ski resort! I already have 12 people wanting to use it over the winter season should Moobli buy it
Thanks for the thoughts ladies - and J&C ... seriously? Wow that is fantastic!

I have ventured up in the winter months before, and I think as long as visitors can physically get there, there will be potential bookings to be made
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2012, 09:21 AM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
Thanks for the thoughts ladies - and J&C ... seriously? Wow that is fantastic!

I have ventured up in the winter months before, and I think as long as visitors can physically get there, there will be potential bookings to be made
We all own big 4x4's for a reason

Yep I have a list already
Hippo
Dogsey Junior
Male 

03-10-2012, 10:28 AM
Put us down for a week in the winter too! Love it up there! Land Rover is at the ready!

Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2012, 12:27 PM
Originally Posted by Jet&Copper View Post
We all own big 4x4's for a reason

Yep I have a list already
Excellent
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2012, 12:28 PM
Originally Posted by Hippo View Post
Put us down for a week in the winter too! Love it up there! Land Rover is at the ready!

Moody, atmospheric pic there Hippo - very nice
Hippo
Dogsey Junior
Male 

03-10-2012, 01:53 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
Moody, atmospheric pic there Hippo - very nice
Why thank you Soooo jealous of your potential new location....mind you pretty dam jealous of your current location!

I was up in Scotland for a shoot last week, fantastic scenery, must convince OH to take a trip up there with the dogs
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2012, 02:22 PM
Do you mean a grouse shoot or a photographic shoot?

Whereabouts were you? Any pics of the scenery/landscape?
Page 8 of 11 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 >