View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2011, 11:03 AM

Am I the only one not overly fussed by blue animals.

I have to ask, I mean I know that their pretty, but I prefer blacks, brindles, reds and even fawns, I just like the depth that the colours can be, and I love to see the deepest colours shine in the sun, and although I'd love any dog, given the choice on just looks I would choose a black over a blue, but then Honey was meant to be blue, so I think that my preferences have changed, but then I did walk out with the only fawn female, although she does have blue on her face, and I prefer her having blue there then seeing other dogs her colour and type who have black, but is anyone else like this? I mean I saw a blue and a black and white Staff the other day, and was immediatly drawn to the B+W, as I think that the contrast in colours looked amazing, so please tell me I'm not alone in this, at other times I hear people talk about how they love blue dogs, and how they are the best looking etc, and the prices that some people charge regarding blues and thier littermates shows this, but I've not heard anyone say things like me about how they prefer the other colours .
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2011, 11:05 AM
I do like blue dogs, I wouldn't avoid having one..but I prefer 'natural' colours. I love black, and cowprint, fawn and brindle over a blue. I do like the eye colours you can get on weimeraners though.
Overall I'm with you and could take or leave a blue
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2011, 11:10 AM
We are lucky in our breed that there is such a variety of colour but blue just does not appeal to me,I prefer,black brindles,reds,pieds and love tiger brindle and mahogany brindle
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2011, 11:12 AM
Originally Posted by Insomnia View Post
I do like blue dogs, I wouldn't avoid having one..but I prefer 'natural' colours. I love black, and cowprint, fawn and brindle over a blue. I do like the eye colours you can get on weimeraners though.
Overall I'm with you and could take or leave a blue
It seems that I'm like both of you in a way, I mean I wouldn't avoid having one either, Honey was so meant to be a blue, but the best pup in the litter was fawn but I wouldn't go out of my way for a blue though, but if the right dog came along and they were a blue I wouldn't be fussed either, as the personality I believe matters more then anything, and I wouldn't be drawn to a dog just because of the blue colour, also I wouldn't think that they would be worth more because of it either, it just seems that based on some things, people who prefer the 'natural' colours are less common then people who prefer the blues, whether its because the blue is meant to be less common I don't know.

Originally Posted by Sal View Post
We are lucky in our breed that there is such a variety of colour but blue just does not appeal to me,I prefer,black brindles,reds,pieds and love tiger brindle and mahogany brindle
Tiger brindles are great, and black brindles OMG, I almost got an EBT which was a black brindle once, and I'm sad I didn't in a way (although I don't think I could have a EBT where I'm living now, as they are a bit more high energy in the house then my dogs lol), but I bet that she's such a heart breaker now.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2011, 11:17 AM
Well tbh in my breeds (german sheps and collies) I wouldn't ever choose a blue. I prefer the "standard" colours - black/gold in shepherds and black/white or tricolour in border collies.
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2011, 11:17 AM
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
I agree

Blue is only a diluted black anyway.......
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2011, 11:18 AM
I agree, I used to have a Blue Merle Rough Collie "thing", and said I would have one. But I have to admit these days, its Tri dogs that I really really like!
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2011, 11:22 AM
I was never particularly enamoured with them.....till I got one!

I did not go out looking for her, and would not choose to have another (yet) as she is far to special to me (In the same way I could not have another red while I had Jazz.)
I would not be without her now
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2011, 11:29 AM
i dont particularly like blues, but i wouldnt say no to one, there is just other colours id pick first. i love solid blacks, and black and whites, so my great dane is going to be either a mantle or a harliquien
Zuluandnaomi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-05-2011, 11:55 AM
Staffy wise I am a red lover through and through (hence owning one myself lol). Always have and always will have a mega soft spot for them. We'll hopefully get a friend for Zulu in the next year or 2 and I would love a red and white pied. I do think blues are nice looking dogs, wouldnt have one personally, I just think some of them have beautiful greeny/yellow eyes.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >