Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
elkjess
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-09-2010, 07:02 AM

Helpfull dog walkers

Yesterday at half six in the morning took dogs out before work had a good walk said hi to a couple of fellow dog walkers on returning to the car starting talking to a man with two weirmaraners. Told him i was off to work put my ten month old springer cara in her crate and shut the boot and guess what keys on top of crate. I started to panic just locked my dog in car i stood there holding jeds lead my vallhund looking daft. He walked over and tried door, to cut a long story short he asked me if i knew the other dog walkers on the field i said i had spoken to the jack russel man and the poodle man. He asked if i was happy to leave jed with them i said yes. So that's what i did as i live five mins drive away he took me home and i got spare keys panic over. When i got to work still worked up some of my work mate's told me i should not have got in a car with a stranger but i was more worried about jed being good or cara getting hot luckily at that time it was cool or else we would have been breaking the window. What would you do like one girl said at work if my children had got in a strangers car i would go mad. I was just really happy to get in car quickly so thank you them men, dog walker are the best.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2010, 07:06 AM
I think its lovely to meet genuine people, that was so nice of him xxxxxxx
BigBearsRule
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-09-2010, 07:28 AM
Sounds like you found aknight in shining armour, to rescue a damsel in distress. How very kind of him.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2010, 07:57 AM
That's so nice, renews your faith in mankind doesn't it! It's a shame that a) more people aren't willing to help these days and b) when you do get a genuine offer of help it's often regarded with suspicion, because no one trusts anyone these days! It's lovely to hear you had such a nice experience.

I met a lovely dog walker yesterday. I had Cain off lead in the one park I can actually let him off in when I can get it empty (he has fear aggression and currently must be on lead around other dogs). We'd only been in there a short time when a lady with a black lab turned up. I asked if she wanted to come in and she said yes. I asked her to hang on a moment while I put my dog on a lead as he's wasn't 100% dog friendly, then being a bit cheeky I said "can I please just throw his ball for him one last time, it'll only take a minute as he doesn't get off lead very often". She then said "no problems, I'll walk him up the road and back, take your time" then went before I could say thank you.

I threw Cain's ball a few more times till he was tired then left and tried to find the woman. I caught her up to thank her and we had a really nice chat, turned our she has a rescue dog too. I was just so grateful that she was willing to go out of her way and lengthen her walk just to help us out. So sweet of her, there are nice people out there
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2010, 08:24 AM
That`s nice - to hear a positive story about other dog walkers.
In this anti-dog climate, I think we really do need to support each other, and so often you just hear the bad stories.
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2010, 10:52 AM
Sometimes you just have to trust your judgement.
Jukesgirl
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-09-2010, 11:40 AM
It is nice to hear a positive story for once

I have to say that there are some nice dog owners out there but there are some that are a little judgmental as well so it is nice when you come across one that understands how stressful it can be at times especially when you have a dog with emotional baggage.

I met an odd dog owner the other day. my dog has started to lay down when other dogs approach which is a massive step forwards because he used to bark and lunge. When the other lady passed i said that my dog might bark but she is safe because i have him on lead.

So she just dropped her lead and her dog went for mine

She just stood there and looked at him going for my dog while i was trying to keep them apart and mine was being a star for once. I ended up sorting it out and walking away laughing because i was so shocked by what i had seen!

Sorry - that was a rather negative response to a positive thread but i just had to tell someone! :P
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2010, 12:34 PM
Ahhhhhhhhhhh this makes a pleasant change! I always think you can tell the nice ones apart from the iffy ones if you look hard enough!
LittleMonkies
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-09-2010, 09:35 PM
That's really nice. SO often all you experience/read about is bad things.
It's a sham ethat when you got to work one of the major concerns was that you got into a car with a strranger - there are risks in everything we do, thank god for kind people, that's what I say! I wish there were more of them, or at least more people who were'nt afraid to be kind for fear of being used and abused!