Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2010, 05:19 AM

I'm Fostering Again!

It's been awhile since I fostered, as I'm in an appt. style condo and it's just too small for the dogs I have. But I just couldn't say no to this dog. Her "Dad" works with me and asked me awhile ago if I knew of anyone looking for another dog... well, I didn't, but I told him I'd talk to our web page person and get her up on our Courtesy Adoptions page for him. the reason he needs to get "rid" of her is that his little girl has developed severe allergies to her. A couple of days later he came to me telling me that his daughter ended up in the clinic due to a severe attack, and now he's having to keep her outside (never been left out prev.)He was heartbroken for her and needed to find a home ASAP, as his wife told him to "get rid of THAT dog, or I will" he was worried about what she'd do. So Nala has become Cassie, and is now living with me (for the past week). We've put her up on our website, and she'll be adopted out through our rescue.

She's a beautiful dog, part ACD, Border Collie, and possibly GSD and Husky. she's not that large in height, prob. 18-19 inches, but FAT... seems she's been free fed Kibbles and Bits (incase you dont know what that is, it's probably the crappiest food on the market here. Full of sugar, filler, dyes and chemicals. it shouldn't even be considered food... I think it's plastic!) no wonder the kid has allergies to her!!! she's got horrible dandruff, tho she's got a decent shine to her coat, she sheds alot, her nails are brittle (and horribly long). She is, however, UTD on shots and spayed.

After her initial shyness, and 2 days of pining for her family, she's settled well into the routine here, and is a very smart, loving, loyal dog,. She gets along well with my dogs, is good with cats, ADORES kids. She's on good food, a diet and exercise program (tho it's taken a bit for her to get used to eating what I give her, when I give it, as Ollie has allergies and CANT get into her food, so if she doesn't eat it within 5 mins, I pick it up and she has to wait 'till the next feeding.) and is learning manners.... she has none She'll push me through doors (well tried to, not anymore) pulled bad on the leash, demands petting (not nicely) and nips at me for not doing something fast enough, or to tell me she's not happy about something.

I feel worst for the kids tho, they lost their dog, then the next day, their grandpa died, they are really upset about the whole thing! I am really discusted with the woman who is their mother! The 10 year old boy is devastated, as Cassie was his goalie when he played hockey in the back yard, and was really his dog, he's mad at his sister, his Mom and Dad, and me for taking her. Poor kid, at his age, I would prob. have run away from home!

Here's a couple of pics

and this one is not really of her, but it was hilarious at first, as she was a bit afraid of Mouse, and Mouse was determined to play with her
"COME BACK HERE DAMMIT!!!!!!"

Mouse is VERY scary! LOL
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2010, 07:13 AM
Lovely to see this story has a happy ending and this girl is now with you, even if she is being terrorised by Mouse

I've no doubt she'll be in shape and happy as Larry in no time at all

Good luck, and please post updates regularly

lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2010, 09:03 AM
Well done you for taking her in! I'm sure between you and the extremely scary Mouse she'll be a different dog! She's a beautiful girl!
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2010, 10:37 AM
Thanks guys! She is a gorgeous girl, who deserves the best home. she had a tough time adjusting, and still is really. She learns really fast, and I am enjoying her. unfortunately, my big guy, Ollie, is not getting alot of time working on his issues, because Cassie's here, but he's not really complaining, he's got a dog his size to play with!

on a side not, you all agree with my assessment of her breed (as far as you can tell from her pics?)
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2010, 11:32 AM
I would agree with the breeds you have listed. She certainly seems to have GSD and husky quite predominantly in her!