View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2009, 02:34 PM
I don't go any hols unless the dogs come too..the year we picked up Cruiser we were on hols in Skegness and picke dhim up the Wednesday and he loved his caravan holiday LOL

We go to Skegness every year in July and they come with us..and we go somewhere in October and they come too..

We even bought a bigger caravan this year..so they had more room!!!
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2009, 02:35 PM
We took Missy to Norfolk the year we adopted her - to a place called California, near Great Yarmouth. We stayed in a caravan park called Green Farm. The beach was open to dogs all year Lots of places to walk too.

Then last year we went to Battle, nr Hastings and we stayed in a Hoseasons dog friendly oast house.
Dogs not allowed on beach in Hastings, but lovely walks where they can go off lead in the country park adjoining the estuary.
The oast house was about a mile down the farm road and was on a working farm, dairy cattle, sheep and a livery there. Forest walks opposite the farm drive.

Both self catering, which suited us all.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2009, 02:46 PM
I always take my dogs (or at least one or two of them) on holiday with me. We generally go to the NW Highlands, and have done for over 10 years now. I won't post pics, as I have 100s and 100s and it would take me ages!
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2009, 04:05 PM
We take our pooches on holidays. Loki came with us for a week in Denbighshire, and also a week in South West Scotland, plus numerous camping weekends. He also went away for a boy's weekend in the Lakes with Oh, mate and campervan. He was very well travelled. Rio has been camping twice now, once near Ullswater for a couple of days and once when we went to Welks the other week and she enjoyed it. We might go away somewhere at New Year with the dogs. I would hate to leave them, but one day will have to as the kids would love to go abroad. I think I would miss the pooches too much though.
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2009, 04:08 PM
Originally Posted by Loki's mum View Post
I would hate to leave them, but one day will have to as the kids would love to go abroad. I think I would miss the pooches too much though.
I'm trying to persuade OH that the Boxers need Pet Passports so we can go to France etc.... currently he's not buying it, but he will!!
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

07-05-2009, 05:12 PM
Yes we take Sydney with us when we go away.

We are going to Norfolk in a couple of weeks in a pet friendly cottage (the company we are letting off has several properties and they will take more than one dog - the cottage we are in you can take up to 5!!! - so if anyone needs the name pm me).

We have taken her to Suffolk twice - once in a dog friendly cottage and once in a pet friendly hotel.

And then we went to Ireland a couple of years ago - again in a pet-friendly house.
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2009, 05:28 PM
Isle of Mull, fab, pics on various threads, here is one:

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php...t=isle+of+mull
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2009, 05:30 PM
Ps have been elsewhere in Scotland too, always dog friendly but Mull is our regular spot xxxxx
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2009, 06:02 PM
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh yes.
We have been to the Lleyn Peninsula twice, bioth in dog friendly cottages found through Welcome Cottages. Dogs got on some beaches....
Have also been to Anglsey with them...stayed by a dog friendly beach which no one else seemed to know about (or wouldn't go on as it was oppoiste the power station!!!!)
Been to Derbyshire and going again...fantastic place, just fantastic. Also heading to North Yorkshire later in the year. Have also been to Shropshire and the Lake District.
Not all with the same dogs....Cosmo has done Derbyshire and Anglesey.
Dale's mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

07-05-2009, 06:02 PM
We've been all sorts of places with a dog. At first we went to B&Bs and then we got a caravan. I hate leaving them behind.
We've gone away on our own a few times but only for a few days or a week. This year we're off to Jedburgh, the Yorkshire dale's and then staying in a forest near Pickering. All we need now is some dryish weather????????
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >