register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
zoeyvonne is offline  
Location: United Kingdom
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,703
Female 
 
08-04-2013, 05:39 PM

Dog Rescues beware of this man



He is going to rescues to get dogs to use as Bait dogs Anyone selling or giving or rehoming dogs anywhere please do not give a dog to this man
Reply With Quote
dog_geek
Dogsey Senior
dog_geek is offline  
Location: n/a
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 799
Female 
 
08-04-2013, 05:51 PM
I don't mean to be rude but how do you know this?

How do you know someone hasn't just made this up because they don't like the bloke?

I have seen this on the social media site and another of an rspca man who apparently was a dog thief in disguise (He was wearing a uniform). Turns out the man was actually belonging to the rspca as a fundraiser.
Reply With Quote
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
zoeyvonne is offline  
Location: United Kingdom
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,703
Female 
 
08-04-2013, 05:54 PM
Yes I have been made aware now that it could be a fake/scam and if so I am truly sorry, but still would be worth being vigilant, but I guess we all are anyway x
Reply With Quote
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Nippy is offline  
Location: South Devon
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 22,393
Female 
 
08-04-2013, 06:03 PM
Originally Posted by zoeyvonne View Post
Yes I have been made aware now that it could be a fake/scam and if so I am truly sorry, but still would be worth being vigilant, but I guess we all are anyway x
I agree and it is always a good idea to make people aware.
Reply With Quote
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
zoeyvonne is offline  
Location: United Kingdom
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,703
Female 
 
08-04-2013, 06:06 PM
So I have messaged the man where the post originated from and the guy in the pic, to ask whether this was true and how he knows (to the sender) and to warn the guy in the pic this is being shared, dunno if this will make a difference as neither will admit to A being a dog fighter or B to making up such evil lies so I doubt if this will get me anywhere, just annoyed at being deceived if this is a scam I must be nieve as the day I was born.....
Reply With Quote
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Nippy is offline  
Location: South Devon
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 22,393
Female 
 
08-04-2013, 06:12 PM
Originally Posted by zoeyvonne View Post
So I have messaged the man where the post originated from and the guy in the pic, to ask whether this was true and how he knows (to the sender) and to warn the guy in the pic this is being shared, dunno if this will make a difference as neither will admit to A being a dog fighter or B to making up such evil lies so I doubt if this will get me anywhere, just annoyed at being deceived if this is a scam I must be nieve as the day I was born.....
Lol not at all Zoe.
I had a message from my SiL this morning that I was doubtful about. This afternoon I was told about the same thing from..... my cousin in Canada
So you see these scams go world wide.
Reply With Quote
Carole
Supervisor
Carole is offline  
Location: Scotland UK
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 45,031
Female  Diamond Supporter 
 
08-04-2013, 06:18 PM
There is some information about this man on the snopes website (about halfway down page)

http://www.snopes.com/crime/warnings/dogstickers.asp
Reply With Quote
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
zoeyvonne is offline  
Location: United Kingdom
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,703
Female 
 
08-04-2013, 06:18 PM
Just looked more in to it and it has been "aired" on FB a couple of other times, http://www.thatsnonsense.com/view.php?id=1522 More info here that says maybe the name is a connection to dog baiting but they don't confirm the picture is the man who was enquiring, so a half truth, it has been shared 42,279 times worldwide, god I hope nobody bad uses my name in a crime
Reply With Quote
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Nippy is offline  
Location: South Devon
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 22,393
Female 
 
08-04-2013, 06:31 PM
Originally Posted by zoeyvonne View Post
Just looked more in to it and it has been "aired" on FB a couple of other times, http://www.thatsnonsense.com/view.php?id=1522 More info here that says maybe the name is a connection to dog baiting but they don't confirm the picture is the man who was enquiring, so a half truth, it has been shared 42,279 times worldwide, god I hope nobody bad uses my name in a crime
Well done Sherlock
Reply With Quote
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
zoeyvonne is offline  
Location: United Kingdom
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,703
Female 
 
08-04-2013, 06:37 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Well done Sherlock
Lol Will teach me to think before I type, I'm far too trusting for my own good
Reply With Quote
Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Beware Of This Man Nando Dog Rescue Chat 0 15-02-2011 10:48 AM
Beware of the cows! Moobli General Dog Chat 5 03-11-2006 02:52 PM
beware rosegallagher General Dog Chat 21 19-05-2006 07:57 PM
Beware of Dog deefin Off-topic Chat 1 20-07-2005 08:15 PM

© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top